Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old Today, 01:01 PM   #9796
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolFen View Post
I was mid-way updating my Ao3 downloads after following some of your Personal.ini fixes, and towards the end it stopped being able to connect to my Ao3 account.
Since it's still working fine for me (and I assume others), and you didn't see the issue until having done a number of updates, I would speculate that you've bumped into a downloads/logins per time limit on the site.

How many downloads/updates had you done that day at the time?

Since it seems to be associated with your login, I doubt that changing network or using a VPN would help. I would hope it would work again in a few days.

More generally, are you using an FFF saved metadata column? Then you don't need to hit the server again for Calibre metadata updates. (Doesn't help with title page, etc changes in epub).
Quote:
Also regarding the previous ask, if it is indeed possible to include bookmark data I would like for it to show up, as it appears to be possible
"bookmark data" is a bit vague. FFF collects the number of bookmarks a story has (bookmarks) for all stories. It also collects your personal bookmark info for a story (bookmarked, bookmarktags, bookmarksummary, bookmarkprivate, and bookmarkrec), but only if logged in--that's one of the uses for always_login.

None of these display by default, you can add them to titlepage_entries or logpage_entries to embed them in those pages, or use custom_columns_settings to populate them into custom columns.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:38 PM   #9797
WolFen
WolFen began at the beginning.

Device: none
A 'solution' for now, which I have 0 clue why it works, as I'm fairly sure this shouldn't work, was literally removing completely both #is_adult:true and #always_login:true (Just to be safe), as well as removing the # before the Username & Password lines.
This should not work one bit. These are works that literally require you log in. So for some reason doing this makes it so FFF can use my account?? Idk how. But just an update on the situation.
WolFen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:44 PM   #9798
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
A 'solution' for now, which I have 0 clue why it works, as I'm fairly sure this shouldn't work, was literally removing completely both #is_adult:true and #always_login:true (Just to be safe), as well as removing the # before the Username & Password lines.
This should not work one bit. These are works that literally require you log in. So for some reason doing this makes it so FFF can use my account?? Idk how. But just an update on the situation.
Lines beginning with # are commented out and not used.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:37 PM   #9799
WolFen
WolFen began at the beginning.

Device: none
Didn't see your message before sending the previous one, and I did assume I might have reached the limit but it's been happening for the past 2~ days. As in more than 24 hours passed before I attempted to download again today (I.e the debug log from today)
I was doing a fair bit, but as I said it has probably been about 48h~ since

I’ll see in a few days if I add back the lines I removed if it causes any problems, in which case I’ll update you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
More generally, are you using an FFF saved metadata column? Then you don't need to hit the

server again for Calibre metadata updates. (Doesn't help with title page, etc changes in epub).
FFF saved metadata column, hmm if it’s not part of the more default stuff then the answer is no. I think I saw something about it, but couldn’t figure out how to set a custom column for that.
The metadata which I was attempting to update, and was only updating if I hit Override Always (Instead of just Update Clibre Metadata from WebPage) is indeed for the title page though, so I guess it’s not really relevant here.

Quote:
"bookmark data" is a bit vague. FFF collects the number of bookmarks a story has (bookmarks) for all stories. It also collects your personal bookmark info for a story (bookmarked, bookmarktags, bookmarksummary, bookmarkprivate, and bookmarkrec), but only if logged in--that's one of the uses for always_login.

None of these display by default, you can add them to titlepage_entries or logpage_entries to embed them in those pages, or use custom_columns_settings to populate them into custom columns.
Bookmark data refers to my bookmark summary/notes I added, as well as the bookmark tags
I attempted adding them to a custom column when I had the always log-in option turned on, but it didn’t seem to do anything

What I made under the other stuff in the custom_columns_settings was
bookmarktags=>#bookmarktags,r
bookmarksummary=>#bookmarksummary,r

I also did/still have them in my # extra_logpage_entries, part of this line of code;
Code:
# extra_logpage_entries:fandoms,freeformtags,freefromtags,ao3categories,comments,chapterstotal,kudos,hits,bookmarks,collections,byline,bookmarked,bookmarktags,bookmarksummary,bookmarkprivate,bookmarkrec,restricted,series00,series01,series02,series03

I will try putting it in the as well # extra_titlepage_entries once I attempt putting back the #always_login:true line in a few days

For now I guess it’s a moot point as I can’t check if it’ll work now or not, as I’d rather not risk it and finish updating the works beforehand, which will probably take a few days. When I’m done I’ll add the lines I removed/disabled and come back for help in this subject

Quote:
Lines beginning with # are commented out and not used.
I know, which is exactly why I am confused on how that 'solved' the problem. I do not understand it, but the changes I mentioned are the only ones I did.

Last edited by WolFen; Today at 04:39 PM.
WolFen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fanfiction