Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-28-2024, 04:11 PM   #1
minosimo
minosimo began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H20
How to boot uboot via mfgtools/uuu?

Hello, I attempted to install postmarketos on my Libra 2 H2O, and some mount issues during flashing ended up wiping the emmc, or at any rate corrupting the partition table. As described on the pmos wiki, it now shows up as

Code:
hiddev96,hidraw2: USB HID v1.10 Device [   NXP    SemiConductor Inc  SE Blank 6SLL] on usb-0000:00:14.0-3/input0
I have been trying to learn how to use uuu to get uboot working again, but it is proving difficult. uuu seems to mostly be used to flash pre-built images, which of course wouldn't exist for the kobo.

According to the wiki, it should be possible to get back into uboot from this mode.

Before attempting the pmos install, I mounted the emmc over usb as described in the wiki and did a dd image dump, though I haven't found any way to make use of it yet.

My first instinct was to try to flash the full emmc image using uuu, but that doesn't seem possible. I'm now rather of ideas and any pointers in the right direction would be much appreciated.

Should I be trying to build uboot, package it into a uuu compatible image, and flash that? There's 25MB of free space before the first partition in the dd image, which I'm guessing is where uboot lives, is that correct? Should I be trying to convert that to something usable by uuu? Or something else?

Thanks!
minosimo is offline   Reply With Quote