Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old Today, 11:47 AM   #1336
foosion
Zealot
foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Ondevice normally only appears when connected.
But there is a hidden? (in plain sight) connection.
Connect Share (icon): Connect to Folder: If that is in use, right click: Eject
Click on Reading List, View List. This put "marked:reading_list_default" in the search bar and only the books on device are visible, with the ondevice column (pin icon and number) visible. If I clear the search bar, this column is still visible.

If I then click Connect Share, there is no indication that Connect to Folder is in use. Right clicking on that line does nothing.

If I then restart Calibre, the ondevice column is no longer visible.

Or did I misunderstand your reply?
foosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:14 PM   #1337
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by foosion View Post

Maybe not

I don't use Reading List. That might do something tricky (can you rightclick and clear markers?)

I did have OnDevice stuck years ago and it was because I had connected to a folder.

Do you actually HAVE a device plugged in? Simply use the Eject device on the Device Icon.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:26 PM   #1338
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Click on Reading List, View List. This put "marked:reading_list_default" in the search bar and only the books on device are visible, with the ondevice column (pin icon and number) visible. If I clear the search bar, this column is still visible.

If I then click Connect Share, there is no indication that Connect to Folder is in use. Right clicking on that line does nothing.

As I said in your other post, the pins have nothing to do with "On device". They are "marks", managed by the Mark books action. Reading List uses marks to show the contents of the lists.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:36 PM   #1339
foosion
Zealot
foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Maybe not

I don't use Reading List. That might do something tricky (can you rightclick and clear markers?)

I did have OnDevice stuck years ago and it was because I had connected to a folder.

Do you actually HAVE a device plugged in? Simply use the Eject device on the Device Icon.
It's only an issue when I don't have the device plugged in (and it's been ejected).
Old Today, 12:42 PM   #1340
foosion
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
As I said in your other post, the pins have nothing to do with "On device". They are "marks", managed by the Mark books action. Reading List uses marks to show the contents of the lists.
I have thought they have something to do with ondevice because they appear in a column with the lookup name "ondevice".

I had thought Reading List, when I plug in my device, checks what books are on the device and marks the ondevice column for books that are on the device.

When I click View List from Reading List, it searches for those marks (using the search bar function), so that only books with that mark are visible and it makes the ondevice column visible as the leftmost column.

When I clear the search bar, it lists all books and the ondevice column continues to be visible. When I restart Calibre, the ondevice column is no longer visible (since it's in a position to the right of visible columns).

I'd rather the column was only visible when I want it to be visible and that there was an easy way to make it not visible other than restarting Calibre.

Apologies if I'm being obtuse.

EDIT: "If you want a way to show the list of books on your device when the device isn't connected, use Reading List to set a tag or some custom column, then use that."

I'm using Reading List for that purpose. The issue is having the column not be visible when I don't want it to be visible.

Last edited by foosion; Today at 12:46 PM.
Old Today, 01:00 PM   #1341
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I have thought they have something to do with ondevice because they appear in a column with the lookup name "ondevice".
They appear in the line number column, not the ondevice column.
Quote:
I had thought Reading List, when I plug in my device, checks what books are on the device and marks the ondevice column for books that are on the device.
Calibre populates the ondevice column, not reading list. It appears even if reading list isn't installed.
Quote:
When I click View List from Reading List, it searches for those marks (using the search bar function), so that only books with that mark are visible and it makes the ondevice column visible as the leftmost column.
That means you have asked reading list to make a list of books currently on the device. The list is updated when you connect.

When you select the list, reading list sets the mark for each book in the list then searches for that mark. The ondevice column isn't used for this.
Quote:
When I clear the search bar, it lists all books and the ondevice column continues to be visible.
Only if the device is still connected.

Marks will continue to show in the line number column.
Quote:
When I restart Calibre, the ondevice column is no longer visible (since it's in a position to the right of visible columns).
I think you are talking about marks. They exists only for the current calibre session. Restarting calibre clears all the marks.
Quote:
I'd rather the column was only visible when I want it to be visible and that there was an easy way to make it not visible other than restarting Calibre.

Apologies if I'm being obtuse.
Simply clear all marks with the Mark Books action.

What I think you are doing is using Reading List to keep a persistent record of what was on the device the last time you connected. When the device isn't connected then you are then selecting that list to see the books. Because reading list uses marks to do its job, you see the mark pins. There is no ondevice column. When you are done, clear the marks.

You can avoid using marks by having reading list update a custom column or the tags column when you connect. For example, reading list could add/remove the tag "OnDevice" when you connect the device. This will persist after you remove the device. You then use search to find books with or without the tag OnDevice, as you wish.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote