Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 09-28-2024, 08:45 AM   #121
iakrus
iakrus began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by culytera View Post
You can't directly add onto a custom_column via replace_metadata, you'd need add_to_custom_columns_settings for that. But since you also want to have different data on #mycollections, you'll need to make another extra entry where you'll add the value from category. Here's how I would do that:

Code:
add_to_extra_valid_entries:,category_modified
include_in_category_modified:category

replace_metadata:
 category_modified=>House of the Dragon (TV)=>House of the Dragon

add_to_custom_columns_settings:
 category_modified=>#mycollections
thank you so so much for this!!! there are a few problems but its put me massively in the right direction and id never have figured this out on my own!

so, while fiddling with the code you gave me i have discovered that:

Code:
 category_modified=>Star Wars - All Media Types|Star Wars Original Trilogy|Star Wars Prequel Trilogy=>Star Wars

category_modified=>Star Wars - All Media Types=>Star Wars
 category_modified=>Star Wars Original Trilogy=>Star Wars
 category_modified=>Star Wars Prequel Trilogy=>Star Wars
all work the same! im adding this in case someone has the same problem i have and comes looking for answers.

the real problem is that any ao3 fandom name with a character that gets used in code doesnt work. for example "Game of Thrones (TV)" has brackets, and "A Song of Ice and Fire & Related Fandoms" has the & ampersand. therefore, they are not read correctly and instead of modifying to the new column name i wanted, just copy themselves over in full.

i included those star wars examples because "Star Wars: The Clone Wars (2008) - All Media Types" and "Star Wars Legends: The Old Republic (Video Game)" and "Star Wars Legends: Republic (Comics)" don't work.

ive included colour coded images to show what i mean. i added harry potter after the first screenshot to see if crossovers work (they do!).

i hope theres a way to fix this- i tried putting the fandom names in quotation marks but that didnt work.
even if this is as much as we can do, it already fixed the problem i was having with the generate cover plug in, and manually editing out metadata is way easier than typing it in each time!!
so yeah, thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-09-28 130406.png
Views:	17
Size:	24.6 KB
ID:	211078   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-09-28 131110.png
Views:	12
Size:	153.5 KB
ID:	211079  
iakrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2024, 09:36 AM   #122
culytera
Zealot
culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone
Ah I forgot, the parentheses need to be escaped since they have their own function in regex, so:

Code:
replace_metadata:
 category_modified=>House of the Dragon \(TV\)=>House of the Dragon
As for the ampersands, you might need to change them to & so:

Code:
replace_metadata:
 category_modified=>A Song of Ice and Fire & Related Fandoms=>ASOIAF | GOT
culytera is offline   Reply With Quote