Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old Today, 09:17 AM   #1
Cactus Chef
Addict
Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Clara HD, Galaxy Tab S5e, Kindle 4th Gen
Kobo seems to have changed in-app purchases on Android

Previously, whenever I made a purchase on the Kobo app, it would then pull up the Google Pay/Google Wallet confirmation screen from the Android OS (the same prompt that shows up if you attempt to buy an app from the Google Play app store, or do any other kind of in-app purchase), and the purchase would go through instantly. The downside at the time was that the payment system was isolated from the Kobo account, so I couldn't use any credits I had on my Kobo account.

Now, when I try to purchase a book through the Android app, it wants me to specify a payment method. I see that Google Pay is an option, but when I try to use it, it wants me to sign into my Google account via an iframe inside of the Kobo app, which suggests to me that it's no longer using the Android OS's API to hook into my already-signed-in Google Wallet.

The advantage, for those who care, is that now the Kobo Android app appears to be fully hooked into your Kobo account, as I could see that the purchase was applying some of my account credits before showing me the total. But the downside is, again, it's no longer using Android's "in-app" purchasing model, which I rather liked. I don't want to sign into my Google account on the Kobo app, so I guess I'll just go back to pre-loading my account with gift cards.
Cactus Chef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:42 AM   #2
rashkae
Wizard
rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Edit:

I retract my dumb question. I find the Redeem gift card button on Kobo website as Plain as day now. I swear it wasn't there before.
rashkae is offline   Reply With Quote