Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old Yesterday, 09:18 PM   #16
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karellen View Post
I get the feeling you are missing the point.
Answer this. Just imagine some crazy, weird world where the toc file is missing. What happens when there is no toc file?

Maybe you are right and it does not come from the title tag, but from empirical evidence from my blooper, I think it does. But you keep referring to the toc, but ignoring the question of what happens when there is no toc.
An ePub without a navigation document is not a valid ePub. ePub3 books must have the xhtml navigation document (nav.xhtml is a common name) and can have a NCX document (toc.ncx is a common name) for ePub2 compatibility while an ePub2 must have a NCX document (toc.ncx is a common name).

As near as I can tell on an ePub2 file with elements left out of the toc.ncx, the name is being derived from the <title>whatever</title>. Minor items such as the title tags using title case while the header element used to generate the ToC using uppercase (i.e. Chapter One vs CHAPTER ONE).
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:28 PM   #17
TyrannosauRussX
TyrannosauRussX began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Sage
SOLVED

"Thanks to everyone who chimed-in on my ereader issue. I managed to resolve it myself, but your collective knowledge and willingness to help were invaluable. It's great to have such a helpful community here!"

How I did it:
Calibre
Edit Book/Check Book/Try to correct all fixable errors automatically

TyrannosauRussX is offline   Reply With Quote