Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-17-2024, 09:49 PM   #16
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
Thanks. I am thinking about getting Clara Colour and shipping time matters not at all to me. Probably will go with Walmart if I order one.
Whether you order from Amazon or Walmart, you're ordering from Blue Proton now.

I can confirm back when I bought my Clara HD, Walmart sold them directly. I ordered it on a Tuesday and got it Wednesday.

Incidentally, I just got my Clara BW ten minutes ago. Ordered it June 12.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2024, 09:06 AM   #17
RAH
Guru
RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H20; Kobo ClaraBW
I ordered my Clara BW directly from Kobo (Rakuten Kobo in Canada, I think) on June 11 and it was delivered to me in NH via USPS on June 15. Pretty fast, I'd say! Just as an aside, I got it with the $20 cheap blue case and it is very nice, IMHO.
RAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2024, 02:44 PM   #18
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAH View Post
I ordered my Clara BW directly from Kobo (Rakuten Kobo in Canada, I think) on June 11 and it was delivered to me in NH via USPS on June 15. Pretty fast, I'd say! Just as an aside, I got it with the $20 cheap blue case and it is very nice, IMHO.
That's pretty nice. I've just read too many stories about orders direct to Kobo not shipping for weeks or being held up in customs.
Old 06-20-2024, 03:27 PM   #19
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Libra Colour, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
That's pretty nice. I've just read too many stories about orders direct to Kobo not shipping for weeks or being held up in customs.
That used to be the case when ordering from Kobo's website, at least for me. This time my LC arrived in 48hrs. from a fulfillment center in Boise, ID which was a first. I hope this means no more Canada => Customs => U.S.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2024, 06:00 PM   #20
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
That used to be the case when ordering from Kobo's website, at least for me. This time my LC arrived in 48hrs. from a fulfillment center in Boise, ID which was a first. I hope this means no more Canada => Customs => U.S.
I've seen Boise associated with Kobo deliveries recently three or four times now. I wonder if Kobo is working with a fulfillment center in Boise? There's at least one (Verde Fulfillment USA) which has 11 locations nationwide (including two in Boise) and promises fast order fulfillment. But I think there are others as well. Maybe this is why Kobo broke away from Walmart?

EDIT: A closer look at Verde shows that it's a small company headquartered in Boise. So this is probably NOT who Kobo is working with.

Last edited by rcentros; 06-20-2024 at 06:07 PM.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2024, 07:13 AM   #21
RAH
Guru
RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H20; Kobo ClaraBW
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
I've seen Boise associated with Kobo deliveries recently three or four times now. I wonder if Kobo is working with a fulfillment center in Boise? There's at least one (Verde Fulfillment USA) which has 11 locations nationwide (including two in Boise) and promises fast order fulfillment. But I think there are others as well. Maybe this is why Kobo broke away from Walmart?

EDIT: A closer look at Verde shows that it's a small company headquartered in Boise. So this is probably NOT who Kobo is working with.
My order was sent via Boise too. It looks kind of like a USPS fulfillment center to me (but I don't know squat!). Here is the tracking for it (read from bottom up):
-------------------
Arrived at USPS Regional Destination Facility

NASHUA NH DISTRIBUTION CENTER

June 15, 2024, 12:25 am

In Transit to Next Facility

June 14, 2024, 3:27 pm

Departed USPS Regional Facility

BOISE ID DISTRIBUTION CENTER

June 14, 2024, 3:20 am

Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility

BOISE ID DISTRIBUTION CENTER

June 13, 2024, 9:24 pm

Accepted at USPS Origin Facility

BOISE, ID 83716

June 13, 2024, 8:09 pm

Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item

BOISE, ID 83716

June 13, 2024, 8:29 am

------------------
Anyway, it looks like buying from Kobo is now pretty reliable I think.
RAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2024, 09:42 AM   #22
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

I'm not sure where Blue Proton shipped mine from. Ultimate delivery was by Amazon, but it was handled over to them in Humble, Texas (a town not too far from me). I don't see tracking from before then, but it took five days.
Old 06-21-2024, 06:33 PM   #23
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
I'm not sure where Blue Proton shipped mine from. Ultimate delivery was by Amazon, but it was handled over to them in Humble, Texas (a town not too far from me). I don't see tracking from before then, but it took five days.
I once did a little research on Blue Proton and recall they have a B&M store on the East coast. (NY or NJ, IIRC) It has been my experience that transit time (coast to coast) has typically been 4-5 business days directly from Blue Proton via USPS.
Old 06-21-2024, 09:36 PM   #24
kyrilson
Fanatic
kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, Oasis, Kobo Glo HD,iPad Pro, Sony 350 and T2
Over the past 10 years, I have ordered 4 Kobo devices direct from Kobo and never had a problem. I’m in the US.
kyrilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2024, 05:55 PM   #25
Skydog
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyrilson View Post
Over the past 10 years, I have ordered 4 Kobo devices direct from Kobo and never had a problem. I’m in the US.
It's not a matter of having a problem, it's a matter of extremely slow process and transit times previously from Kobo directly. A couple of days to process, a couple more to US customs where the order would sit at least two days before finally moving through the system to the final destination. Always 7 - 10 business days in total. Poor compared to its competitors.