Notices

Old Yesterday, 05:42 PM   #31
zoltan.navy
Enthusiast
zoltan.navy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by unkn0wn View Post
huh, I added the locale settings to set date string in french format, which is 'dim., 30 juin 2024'

How did this work on my device and not yours? I'll just remove it.
Now it fails again. Have attached the log.

Am not interested in the French formatting of date & time -- what matters is the day's issue with subscriber content. I don't think it's too much to ask for.

Btw., comparable issues with other recipes fetching non-English content...?
Attached Files
File Type: txt liberation.fr_failed.recipe_04.txt (22.1 KB, 4 views)
zoltan.navy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:28 PM   #32
zoltan.navy
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
I'm so happy that worked! Weird thing is I'd checked a Windows machine I had access to and while it had that R3 certificate the recipe worked perfectly!

Sent from my Pixel 7a using Tapatalk
Am seeing a never before scenario: with my internet connection working, it takes ages for my browsers (Firefox, Chrome) to start opening ANY page; and when they start doing so, some sites download very slowly. Upon starting the browsers, it looks as though there is no network at all for several minutes. No such issue on other devices.

Could it be that the absence of that (expired) R3 certificate is what causes this? (Have restarted my OS since that deletion.)

Last edited by zoltan.navy; Today at 07:33 AM.
Old Yesterday, 06:52 PM   #33
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
No issue here, however the log shows a large number of urllib.error.URLError: <urlopen error [Errno 11001] getaddrinfo failed> errors. This means that for some reason you're unable to get ot the website for the URLs specified in the recipe.

What is especially interesting is this particular message: Failed to download recipe, using builtin version. This makes it seem that you or your ISP is having some connectivity issues in that calibre itself was unable to access it's recipe web site to obtain the current recipe.

(Suggestion to you; you could do a lot worse than start looking through the logs and seeing what errors are being displayed).
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:54 PM   #34
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

As to you comment on slow network access, removing that certificate would not cause that (and if you think about it, you didn't have that issue yesterday after removing it).

I stand by the suggestion that your ISP is having issues.
Old Today, 07:40 AM   #35
zoltan.navy
Enthusiast

Quote:
As to you comment on slow network access, removing that certificate would not cause that (and if you think about it, you didn't have that issue yesterday after removing it).

I stand by the suggestion that your ISP is having issues.
Indeed, there was no such issue on the day I removed the certificate. So yes, what you're saying makes perfect sense.

Which leaves me wondering about the potential conflict between calibre and the ISP. Any thread at this forum on that?

But even allowing for such a conflict, the built-in recipe worked fine after removal of the R3 certificate. It just failed to access paid content. So why is it that now even the basic (free) version becomes inaccessible -- with the bad certificate removed...?

Maybe the solution is to build a custom recipe for Liberation with user login as an option.

Last edited by zoltan.navy; Today at 08:34 AM.
Old Today, 08:10 AM   #36
unkn0wn
Evangelist
unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoltan.navy View Post
Now it fails again. Have attached the log.

Am not interested in the French formatting of date & time -- what matters is the day's issue with subscriber content. I don't think it's too much to ask for.

Btw., comparable issues with other recipes fetching non-English content...?
You are not able to open the RSS feeds, it has nothing to do with the login or paid content. Try fixing that.
unkn0wn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:36 AM   #37
zoltan.navy
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkn0wn View Post
You are not able to open the RSS feeds, it has nothing to do with the login or paid content. Try fixing that.
Yes, how?

It worked this weekend after removal of the R3 certificate.

Then, something happened to the recipe. Am not sure how to fix this feed issue.
Old Today, 11:25 AM   #38
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer

Has your regular web access speed / responsiveness improved or is it still slow?

Have you tried shutting off both the PC and any modem / router between the PC and the internet?

Old Today, 01:52 PM   #39
zoltan.navy
Enthusiast

Quote:
Has your regular web access speed / responsiveness improved or is it still slow?

Have you tried shutting off both the PC and any modem / router between the PC and the internet?

No overall speed issues that I know of -- see screenshot of the test from a couple of minutes ago.

Maybe there's a speed problem specific to calibre? At times it takes minutes to fetch a new issue of small size (<0.5 MB), at others a big one (15 MB+) downloads in a blink of an eye. But even those long fetches end up downloaded.

As for the rooter used by this computer, it's been a while since it was last shut down. Still, the issue with liberation.fr has been around for 2+ years now, which is to say there have been quite a few shutdowns (due to, e.g., blackouts) in between. The modem is turned off for most nights.

This is getting weird... Should we perhaps ask also Kovid?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DellPrec_Speed_20240701.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	150.2 KB
ID:	209316  

Last edited by zoltan.navy; Today at 01:56 PM.
Old Today, 02:04 PM   #40
zoltan.navy
Enthusiast

Quote:
No overall speed issues that I know of -- see screenshot of the test from a couple of minutes ago.

Maybe there's a speed problem specific to calibre? At times it takes minutes to fetch a new issue of small size (<0.5 MB), at others a big one (15 MB+) downloads in a blink of an eye. But even those long fetches end up downloaded.

As for the rooter used by this computer, it's been a while since it was last shut down. Still, the issue with liberation.fr has been around for 2+ years now, which is to say there have been quite a few shutdowns (due to, e.g., blackouts) in between. The modem is turned off for most nights.

This is getting weird... Should we perhaps ask also Kovid?
And, by the way, if it was down to problems with accessing the liberation.fr feed then how come that Feedbro downloads it alright on the same computer?
Old Today, 02:22 PM   #41
zoltan.navy
Enthusiast

Quote:
And, by the way, if it was down to problems with accessing the liberation.fr feed then how come that Feedbro downloads it alright on the same computer?
To give you the big picture, today the whole issue has downloaded OK, including paid content. It was a scheduled download, not ad-hoc. Later, on performing a manual download, it failed.
Old Today, 03:27 PM   #42
zoltan.navy
Enthusiast

Quote:
To give you the big picture, today the whole issue has downloaded OK, including paid content. It was a scheduled download, not ad-hoc. Later, on performing a manual download, it failed.
It works again fine, with the paid content fully fetched. What happened? Someone fixed the built-in recipe?