Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old Yesterday, 08:28 PM   #1
Carolus
Carolus began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo libra 2 or paperwhite
Any hope for a Libra BW with a Carta1300 screen?

Hello, new here. I sadly lost my dear Libra 2 and I would like to get a replacement without the main issue I had with it, the loss of contrast caused by the built-in lighting, or at least with better overall contrast. I also hated how a finger rested barely inside the screen over the narrow side of the frame unleashed an avalanche of page turns.

Then I read about the Clara BW with its great new screen and its option to disable turning pages by tappinng, leaving it only to swiping. Unfortunately, I don't think I could get used to its small size, and besides, I loved the wide side for one-hand holding of the Libra.

I hardly care for the dull, sharpness-killing colour of today's e-ink and always found colour highlights silly. I find the Sage too big (I used to have a Forma), heavy (I guess) and expensive, so I hope they reconsider and bring back the B/W Libra with an upgraded screen. How likely do you think that is?
Carolus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:18 PM   #2
Aleron Ives
Wizard
Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
The Libra also supports disabling the tap gesture. You may wish to just buy another one, as there have been no recent FCC filings to indicate Kobo will be launching more models soon. Hopefully we'll see a Libra BW in 2025, but nobody knows for sure.
Aleron Ives is offline   Reply With Quote