Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old Today, 04:23 PM   #10021
ChaoticAdventure
ChaoticAdventure began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
I don't see anything going wrong after downloading that. I would suspect the Series entry which is "🐚2023🐇". I don't get an error editing that in Calibre 7.19. Are you perhaps using an older version?

Regardless, I think you were right in speculating it's a Calibre thing, not a FFF thing.
Thanks! That was the issue. I turned off the column I use to store all metadata for backups, which would have been the only thing that would save the series title, and it fixed the problem.

I am using the most updated version. I would guess calibre might have some problems reading emojis inside long-text columns.

Thank you for helping me troubleshoot this.
ChaoticAdventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:31 PM   #10022
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Ah, so it's actually Saved Metadata Column, but only when the long column has 'Interpret this column as' set to HTML instead of Plain text.

I'm not sure why that would make a difference. But the fact I can't see to make it happen through the Calibre interface suggests FFF could/should be doing something different. Still investigating.

Regardless, I recommend 'Plain text' instead of HTML for the metadata column because Calibre changes the HTML significantly if you edit it and than FFF can't read it back again.

I'd recommend changing that aspect of the custom column instead of turning FFF Saved Metadata Column off altogether.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:08 PM   #10023
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
FYI, I've reported this as a bug to Kovid.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fanfiction