Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old Today, 07:45 AM   #826
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevermiffed View Post
I just finished getting all my fanfic onto Calibre, and I am trying to get the summary onto the cover of the books. I have the generate cover plugin and while I can have the summary on the cover, it has a lot of HTML with it. How can I make it, well, not have that?

I was trying to make a custom column for summary/comments that would edit those out, but I have no clue what I'm doing here.

I was mostly using these posts as a guide

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=331027
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh....php?p=4143924
If you are setup correctly, you can send your summery/blurb to your Kobo and have it be easily readable. Doing the blurb via the cover might not be all that readable when the cover is a thumbnail.

To check if you are setup correctly, go to My Books and then pick a book. press the ... and choose View Details. You should then be able to see the blurb.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:56 AM   #827
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevermiffed View Post
I just finished getting all my fanfic onto Calibre, and I am trying to get the summary onto the cover of the books. I have the generate cover plugin and while I can have the summary on the cover, it has a lot of HTML with it. How can I make it, well, not have that?

I was trying to make a custom column for summary/comments that would edit those out, but I have no clue what I'm doing here.

I was mostly using these posts as a guide

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=331027
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh....php?p=4143924
If you don't want HTML in the summary text then set it up as a plain text column, as shown in this screen capture. If you change the "Interpret this column as" for an existing column you must remove the HTML from any existing value.

That said, I agree that when using a Kobo it is much better to put the blurb into its book details. This requires that the blurb be in the Comments column.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard01.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	209519  
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote