Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 06-25-2024, 10:14 AM   #1
els76uk
els76uk began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E
epub > kepub > kobo using the web browser

I have until now been uploading books from Calibre to my Kobo using a USB cable. I've got the DeDRM plugin, as well as KoboTouchExtended. Everything works great.

I'd prefer to download using the Calibre web browser, but when I do that, the KoboTouchExtended plugin doesn't do its thing, and many books are unreadable.

How do I get the plugin to work properly when I use the Calibre web browser?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-06-25 at 16.09.14.png
Views:	32
Size:	577.7 KB
ID:	209141  
els76uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2024, 10:25 AM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by els76uk View Post
I have until now been uploading books from Calibre to my Kobo using a USB cable. I've got the DeDRM plugin, as well as KoboTouchExtended. Everything works great.

I'd prefer to download using the Calibre web browser, but when I do that, the KoboTouchExtended plugin doesn't do its thing, and many books are unreadable.

How do I get the plugin to work properly when I use the Calibre web browser?
You can't. The KTE plugin is intended to work with Kobo ereaders connected directly to calibre.

You would need to use either the KePub Output plugin for calibre to create kepub ebooks stored in your calibre library or geek1011's kepubify to externally convert epubs to kepubs and then store them in your calibre library.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2024, 11:20 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
What measure are you using for 'unreadable'?

GIGO should still apply to either way transferred.

Not having access to KEPUB features does no make a book 'unreadable'

Millions read books in EPUB, as shipped from the store. (Not saying that there are not some really poor examples out there )
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2024, 11:41 AM   #4
els76uk
els76uk began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
You would need to use either the KePub Output plugin for calibre to create kepub ebooks stored in your calibre library…
thanks, this worked perfectly!

is there any way to make calibre convert automatically on import, or does it have to be done manually each time?
els76uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2024, 12:43 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
2 choices

Regular add img 1
or Using the
Auto Add folder img 2
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ConvOnAdd.JPG
Views:	22
Size:	80.0 KB
ID:	209142   Click image for larger version

Name:	ConvonAuto add.JPG