Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old Today, 11:12 AM   #1
foosion
Connoisseur
foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Reading Calibre DB

I'd like to read the Calibre DB from a python program.

I can get a list of my books with:

Code:
import sqlite3

fname = "c:/Calibre Library/metadata.db"
con = sqlite3.connect(fname)
cur = con.cursor()

cur.execute("SELECT * from books")
for item in cur.fetchall():
    print(item)

con.close()
How do I access a custom field? I've created the field "read" which is the date I finished reading the book (or blank)?

Here's a typical output from the above:

(3025, 'A Short History of the Italian Renaissance', 'Short History of the Italian Renaissance, A', '2024-07-06 20:20:52.809814+00:00', '2015-07-15 04:00:00+00:00', 1.0, 'Bartlett, Kenneth R.', '', '', 'Kenneth R.
Bartlett/A Short History of the Italian Rena (3025)', 1, '1e6fc84c-3ab1-459b-810f-543895ac556c', 1, '2024-07-17 01:30:42.096682+00:00')

This seems to be: index, title, title_sort, date_imported, date_published, author_sort, ???, path, ???, date_???

I'd guess this is documented somewhere obvious, but my search skills are failing to find the specific location.
foosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:31 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/develop.html
https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/db_api.html
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:09 PM   #3
foosion
Connoisseur
foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
I was hoping there was documentation identifying the fields I listed as ??? and an easy way to access the custom field I created. I'd have thought it would be another line or two of code.

It appears that I have to install the Calibre source and study and use its API?

Thank you for a fabulous and tremendously useful program!
foosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:17 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You dont access it using sqlite. Use the calibre API. it is documented, yes you will need to read some documentation and install calibre.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote