Notices

Old Today, 07:45 AM   #16
Denodan1
Connoisseur
Denodan1 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by galax View Post
Never in the entire thousands of years of civilization and written evolution has there been 6".

Not only has there not been 6" but for every written page people have been enjoying dual pages for thousands of years.

Until amazon came and by greedy decisions to maximize profits they have forced onto the population an unnatural size for written documents.

The only way 6" could've been saved is by a design of dual screen.

Even then is simply isn't ergonomical for fonts.

Go to any bookstore and compare the font size and page size. Those have the normal content of paragraphs with a pleasent font size.

Put your 6" next to book and see the difference.

6" at a comfortable font size doesn't hold enough content, paragraphs, dialogues, poetry, etc... the way was meant to be.

Is not even useful for single purpose content such a dictionary.

The only useful purpose of 6" is store price tags. LOLOLOLOL!!!

Conclusion 6" it's unnatural size for literature and any documentation meant for humans.

I hope this answers you question as to why '6" is underrated'

bye.

p.s.: 6" should be illegal for reading content.

Not true at all. If you cannot read on a 6" e book reader you need glasses. I have not had any issues reading on my Clara and very clear.

All e readers when they came out were all 6" and not one complained they were hard to read and all the kindles in the 6" line have all got great reviews, so far from the truth what your saying.
Denodan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:49 AM   #17
Denodan1
Connoisseur
Denodan1 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3
And yes even in normal books can have small fonts. Its got nothing to do with the size of the book, but the fonts and size they use and some are small and magazines can be even smaller print than a paperback.

The e reader is amazing and the best thing out as you have total control over the size fonts you want.
Denodan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:54 AM   #18
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
There's no such thing as a font size that's pleasant and comfortable for everyone. What's comfortable for one person is too small or too large for another. With paper books we just had no choice and had to accept whatever font size was used, whether we liked it or not. With ereaders, we can use the size we want.
For the font sizes I use, 6" is not too small. While I prefer a 7" Reader, I could easily read on a 6" screen.

The reason the Libra Colour gets all the love is because it's a larger screen at 7". 7" is better for color images and comics. It's not perfect, but the 6" is even worse.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:38 AM   #19
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denodan1 View Post
Not true at all. If you cannot read on a 6" e book reader you need glasses. I have not had any issues reading on my Clara and very clear.

All e readers when they came out were all 6" and not one complained they were hard to read and all the kindles in the 6" line have all got great reviews, so far from the truth what your saying.
First section: Yes, I DO need glasses! I have needed glasses for most of my life and it's not getting better with age. So what?

Second section:
Not true at all! Many many wished screens were bigger even back then, but had to accept the size we got given. OK, I would rather read on a 6" eReader than a paper book since I can choose a font size that works for me. But given a choice I would prefer a larger screen to have more content on each page. I read by "taking in" more or less a line at a time and for ME a good size page would probably be 8-ish inches but the price tag of those readers are not appealing to me so I settle for 7". Size DOES matter when it comes to reading! Maybe not to you, but guess what, you are not everybody!
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:27 PM   #20
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Never in the entire thousands of years of civilization and written evolution has there been 6".
Looking at one of my old tête-bêche Ace Doubles (F-237) from 1963, it's paper size is 4.33"x5.51" measuring the outside of the book so ~7.00" diagonal. Sadly, there is a margin on both sides of the page allowing for holding the book and not having text disappearing into the binding. Allowing for those which are approximately .5" on each size and the top and bottom margins, this leaves 3.33" by 4.47" for text for a diagonal of 5.57". A 6" eInk screen is 3.57" by 4.82" active area. Since I tend to use about 2mm left/right margin on my ereaders and minimal top and bottom margins, matching the font size of the Ace double allows me to actually have more text on the screen. An advantage to Kobo ereaders since an ePub with margins set to 0 and the margins slider set to 0 goes from edge to edge of the screen.

Quote:
Much blather deleted...

p.s.: 6" should be illegal for reading content.
Research is a totally underrated skill.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote