Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old Today, 10:16 AM   #1
alita
alita began at the beginning.

Device: kobo libre colour
problems with new kobo

Hi, I bought the Kobo Libra colour a few months ago, and I'm having trouble with it. Once I connect it to calibre (which I've used with my previous kobos) calibre puts up a message to say it can't communicate with the device and it won't show books on it. I can still add books, but once I've disconnected, all of my books are marked Unread, even the one I was reading at the time, and all the books are in the wrong order. So a new book might be on page 5 of the kobo, instead of at the top. I have the sort order to recent, so I don't get it. Is this a problem with Kobo? Isnt it compatible with calibre? I've downloaded every calibre update. I can temporarily fix the problem by resetting my kobo to factory settings and completely wiping it, but the fix doesn't last long.

Has anyone any ideas to sort this out? thanks.
alita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:59 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libra H2O, Libra Colour
It sounds as if you're suffering from a corrupted database on the kobo. When you connect the Kobo to calibre what messages are produced? Is there one talking about a malformed database?

If that is the issue, you need to recreate that database, either by doing a reset of the device, or going to Settings | Accounts and selecting "Sign out" next to your Kobo account.

Unfortunately either option will result in you having to redo the setup.

It's curious that you are experiencing this issue; known problems causing this were resolved in current releases

What mods / patches are you using?

Are you ensuring that you cleanly eject the device from your PC and allow it to process new content?

Sent from my Pixel 7a using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:33 PM   #3
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
It's curious that you are experiencing this issue; known problems causing this were resolved in current releases
While the current firmware corrected the issue where the database was not closed before the USB connection was established, not safely ejecting is still a great way to get a corrupted database.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote