Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 09-29-2024, 01:16 PM   #766
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Shouldn't you be authorized in Edge as that's what Windows uses?
I sincerely doubt it, as I never use Edge.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2024, 06:39 PM   #767
Eskarina
Zealot
Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.

Device: Kobo Clara, Kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
I haven't seen a single issue personally, I did a bunch of metadata downloads today with Goodreads and they all worked flawlessly. So while I sympathise with some people having issues I can't fix what isn't broken for me
...and just like that, it's working again with absolutely no intervention from me. Just one day not working and the next, working like nothing happened. Don't I look silly.
Regardless. Thanks for all you do!
Eskarina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2024, 07:05 PM   #768
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
"We don't believe in miracles, we just depend on them."
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:14 AM   #769
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
"We don't believe in miracles, we just depend on them."
Old Yesterday, 04:16 AM   #770
SASSBS
Connoisseur
SASSBS doesn't litterSASSBS doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Keyboard; Kindle Fire
For the past few hours mine is giving a 500 error can't win
SASSBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:06 PM   #771
Bozana
Bozana
Bozana does all things with Zen-like beautyBozana does all things with Zen-like beautyBozana does all things with Zen-like beautyBozana does all things with Zen-like beautyBozana does all things with Zen-like beautyBozana does all things with Zen-like beautyBozana does all things with Zen-like beautyBozana does all things with Zen-like beautyBozana does all things with Zen-like beautyBozana does all things with Zen-like beautyBozana does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: PC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comfy.n View Post
Phew! Here's how I solved it on my Windows machine, using Waterfox (the same steps should apply to Firefox):

Went to Goodreads website -> pressed Ctrl+I to open More Info dialog > selected "Security" -> clicked View Certificate -> then on Miscellaneous section: downloaded PEM cert. (there are three inner "tabs" in that about:certificate page: www.goodreads.com, Amazon RSA 2048 M03 and Amazon Root CA 1. I used www.goodreads.com.)

Then I imported the certs following these instructions
Code:
certutil –addstore -enterprise –f "Root" c:\cert\www-goodreads-com-chain.pem
certutil –addstore -enterprise –f "Root" c:\cert\www-goodreads-com.pem
Tried downloading metadata. No good. Restarted computer. Tried again... no good!

Then I ran certmgr.msc (winkey + r), went to Trusted Root Certification Authorities -> Certificates -> double clicked the last one on the list www.goodreads.com, and after that I tried again and it worked!!
Thank you SO VERY MUCH!! I had to simplify it for myself, as I'm autistic and so I thought to share it with others that are struggling and make it less complicated for them:

For anyone having trouble with Goodreads plugin:

Here's how it got solved it on Windows, using Firefox browser:

1. Open Firefox.
2. Go to Goodreads website: https://www.goodreads.com/
3. Pressed Ctrl +I on your keyboard, to open More Info dialog
4. Selected Security
5. Clicked View Certificate
6. Then scroll down to Miscellaneous section, till you see Download.
7. Download these two:

PEM (cert)
PEM (chain)

Save them to C drive, at the root, and create a folder called: cert
This part is important, in order for this to work.

8. You will need to open Command Line as a Administrator. To do this:

a. To Open Command Prompt as an Administrator:
b. Press the Windows Start button at the bottom left.
c. Type in "Command Prompt".
d. Right click on Command Prompt and click "Run as administrator".
e. Click Yes if the Windows 10 User Account Control prompt is displayed.
f. The Command Prompt should appear.

9. Then to import the certs following these instructions, copy each of these separately, one at a time and paste it into Command Line and press enter for each:

certutil –addstore -enterprise –f "Root" c:\cert\www-goodreads-com-chain.pem

certutil –addstore -enterprise –f "Root" c:\cert\www-goodreads-com.pem

10. Then pressing winkey + r on your keyboard, it should open the Run box.
11. Type: certmgr.msc and click OK
12. Go to Trusted Root Certification Authorities, on the left.
13. On the right side is Certificates, double click it.
14. Scroll down and go to and double clicked the last one on the list www.goodreads.com
15. Click Ok. Close certmgr
16. Run Goodreads plugin in Calibre and this work like normal now.

Last edited by Bozana; Yesterday at 10:19 PM.
Bozana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:19 PM   #772
Comfy.n
want to learn what I want
Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Calibre E-book viewer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozana View Post
Thank you SO VERY MUCH!!

I'm very glad that it worked for you!

I hadn't tried the curl method that Terisa suggested because I didn't even know what's a cURL.

But then I did some searching and found that curl.exe is a built-in command on Windows since 2018 and it probably is a simpler way to achieve the same result!

I believe that both approaches need an elevated command prompt (run cmd as admin), I should have mentioned that.
Comfy.n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:10 AM   #773
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comfy.n View Post

I'm very glad that it worked for you!

I hadn't tried the curl method that Terisa suggested because I didn't even know what's a cURL.

But then I did some searching and found that curl.exe is a built-in command on Windows since 2018 and it probably is a simpler way to achieve the same result!

I believe that both approaches need an elevated command prompt (run cmd as admin), I should have mentioned that.
Well, curl (unix/linux command for sending request to a website) didn't work in the third machine (as I said different computers....), but the cert certificate (from Chrome, chain is not present so you can skip that file) has worked. So: three computers, three different methods

Tags
goodreads, metadata