Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old Today, 04:52 PM   #1
galax
galax began at the beginning.

Device: none
DPI and images

Greets,

I had a question related to dpi setting with images for epubs.

Let's say the screen specs says 300dpi, how does this tranlates for images?

Should 300pdi be set only for images fullscreen, that is, the complete screen resolution?

I the case that I want to put two images side by side on one page, does the dpi halves for each image (since images became half screen)?

Or does is it possible to set 300pdi to all images regardless of size for a 300dpi screen?

I am trying to find the optimal settings for an epub.

Thanks in advanced
galax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:01 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Forget DPI. It doesn't mean anything. Just make sure your images are high-resolution.

That's all you need to do. You don't need to worry about DPI at all.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:46 PM   #3
Karellen
Wizard
Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
I don't use dpi either. I know my Libra2 has a screen resolution of 1264 x 1680 so I ensure my images are at least 1000w for landscape or 1500 for portrait images.

Nothing worse than using piddly little images like 300x450 which are then upascaled and look blurry and hazy and any small details or text are unrecognisable.
Karellen is online now   Reply With Quote