Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old Yesterday, 09:48 AM   #76
ekbell
Guru
ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I agree that calibre is not designed for a lending library but I found that it works well enough for keeping track of both my ebooks and pbooks.

I really want all my books in one database so that I'm not checking two databases to see if I have one particular book so my paper books are added to my Calibre library and tagged as pbook. (and when I'm checking if any of my pbooks are missing, I pull up my pbooks from the calibre server onto my tablet to create my checklist)

Before calibre I had entered most of them into a bar code scanning app that allowed export as CSV so when I switched to calibre I just had to master the Import List plugin.

Nowadays I just add them as I buy them.
ekbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:23 PM   #77
audeojude
Connoisseur
audeojude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.audeojude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.audeojude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.audeojude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.audeojude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.audeojude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.audeojude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.audeojude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.audeojude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.audeojude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.audeojude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 4 or 5 generations of kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
(A lot of mine we Baen Book and the had many of these on the CD's or Free Library
I still have a Baen Account. Don't use it much any more, but loved it and spet a lot of money there in the past. The deals for the packages of books got worse both price and selection (mostly selection) and the free library kinda got abandoned from upkeep, or at least it felt that way. Also though Baen used to be my go to for genre's I like compared to other publishers, the quality sorta slacked a bit and then indie publishing took off and all of a sudden thousands of books more solidly in my favorite genre's or mini genre's were available on amazon. To be honest I haven't read more than 40 or 50 books from any of the old traditional publishers in the last 15 years. The really good dynamic new authors are almost all indie now, as well as the ones diving into making new genre's and writing old school stuff like I started with as a child in the 70's, or the older stuff I love as a child written in the late 1800-1960's before i was around. So much goodness!!!!!

I actually have noticed a good handful of my old favorite authors seem to be going indie now and moving some of their old books that seem to no longer be under the old publishers to their own accounts now on amazon. Every once in a while I will see what seems to be a new book also.. One day I might check them out. it's been so many years since I read much of theirs that I have trouble keeping up with all the new stuff from the newer authors I follow.

Last edited by audeojude; Today at 12:26 PM.
audeojude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:01 PM   #78
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
@audeojude Jim died quite a while back and the choice of what is currently picked by Toni is just not my cuppa. I still buy some Baen, all from the old stable of authors.

I agree, the bundles are no longer the great bargain they were. That is a business decision that probably was needed to survive.
As to the Free Library, 2 things. 1) Eric Flint passed. 2)The same reason bundles got pricier. Other retailers did not want back room sales.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote