Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old Yesterday, 10:16 PM   #1
kayani12
kayani12 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Help Needed: Issues with Converting Kindle Book to PDF - Pages Cut Off and Not Fittin

Hey everyone,

I’m facing a bit of a challenge with converting my Kindle book to PDF using Calibre, and I’m hoping someone here can help me out.

Here’s the situation:

I have three files in my Kindle book folder:

A .azw file

A .mbp file

A .azw.res file

When I add these three files to Calibre, only the .azw file shows up in the Calibre library. I was able to convert this .azw file to an .azw3 file, but the issue is that I can’t actually read the book in Calibre. Only the table of contents appears, and none of the actual content is accessible.

When I convert the .azw file to PDF, the output has a lot of formatting problems. The pages aren’t fitting correctly on one page; the right side of the text is cut off, as shown in the attached screenshot. It seems like the content isn’t being properly formatted to fit the PDF page size.

I’ve tried adjusting the conversion settings, but I can’t seem to get the pages to fit correctly. I’m not sure if the problem is with the original Kindle files or something I’m doing wrong in Calibre.

Has anyone else faced this issue? Any suggestions on how to fix this so that the entire page fits on one PDF page without being cut off? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pdf problem.png
Views:	5
Size:	341.7 KB
ID:	210097  

Last edited by pdurrant; Today at 04:08 AM. Reason: added picture as attachment
kayani12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:09 AM   #2
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Try installing and using the KindleUnpack plugin. That might give a better result than the calibre conversion.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote