Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old Yesterday, 11:14 PM   #46
vendo232
vendo232 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Scribe
I have not registered my Kindle Scribe at all.

Is it possible to disable this pop up when going to Library?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20240718_031112759.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	1.23 MB
ID:	209635  
vendo232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:00 AM   #47
vendo232

I just discovered that i did the JB in airplane mode and now Im locked out. Any way to unlock it or I have to update to the 5.16.2 fw and start the JB all over again?

Unable to turn on wifi, this is the msg I get
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20240718_034842863.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	707.1 KB
ID:	209636  
Old Today, 05:51 AM   #48
nar001
Connoisseur
nar001 began at the beginning.

Device: M96C
Quote:
Originally Posted by vendo232 View Post
I just discovered that i did the JB in airplane mode and now Im locked out. Any way to unlock it or I have to update to the 5.16.2 fw and start the JB all over again?

Unable to turn on wifi, this is the msg I get
You need to install the hotfix
nar001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:50 AM   #49
vendo232

Quote:
Originally Posted by nar001 View Post
You need to install the hotfix
the fact the WIFI is not working is not an issue perhaps it is a good precausion to avoid update. I`m also reading that the Cloud Register pop up can not be removed, again not an issue once you get to KOreader you don`t really care.

but just to clarify, what hotfix I should install because

I have installed these two:

1. LanguageBreak Hotfix: update_hotfix_languagebreak-{language you want to end up with}.bin

then

2. KUAL hotfix: K5 JailBreak Hotfix | JailBreak-1.16.N-FW-5.x-hotfix.zip | 2024-Apr-21 13:37:00 | 150.2K | when installing KUAL + KOreader

is there any other hotfix I need to install?
Old Today, 11:59 AM   #50
Marek
Zealot
Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4 :(, KT5, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by vendo232 View Post
the fact the WIFI is not working is not an issue perhaps it is a good precausion to avoid update. I`m also reading that the Cloud Register pop up can not be removed, again not an issue once you get to KOreader you don`t really care.

but just to clarify, what hotfix I should install because

I have installed these two:

1. LanguageBreak Hotfix: update_hotfix_languagebreak-{language you want to end up with}.bin

then

2. KUAL hotfix: K5 JailBreak Hotfix | JailBreak-1.16.N-FW-5.x-hotfix.zip | 2024-Apr-21 13:37:00 | 150.2K | when installing KUAL + KOreader

is there any other hotfix I need to install?
You are in "managed mode" you can exit it by following after jailbreak tutorial in languagebreak, the popup CAN be removed but it requires modifying Hermes bytecode (someone has already made a post about it here) as for hotfix questions i recommend nilujes hotfix (2. Here) since it's more up to date.
Marek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:07 PM   #51
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
It's a lot easier to just stop being paranoid and register.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:15 PM   #52
nar001
Connoisseur
nar001 began at the beginning.

Device: M96C
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
It's a lot easier to just stop being paranoid and register.
It's a lot easier to stop repeating this ad nauseam when it's out of scope of the question too
nar001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:35 PM   #53
vendo232

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marek View Post
You are in "managed mode" you can exit it by following after jailbreak tutorial in languagebreak, the popup CAN be removed but it requires modifying Hermes bytecode (someone has already made a post about it here) as for hotfix questions i recommend nilujes hotfix (2. Here) since it's more up to date.
Thank you Marek!, will give it a try