Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old Yesterday, 08:28 PM   #37471
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
And that was my sleep for the night (at 2 am).

I was woken by a strange noise and after a couple of minutes I realized it sounded like a roof tile moving/sliding. I looked out of a window on both sides and didn't see anything obvious. But it's dark and might have happened above the windows. Or it might even happened on a neighbour's roof and the sound travelled.

Granted the last couple of days have been windy. However, on Thursday and Friday both neighbours had their gutters and roof checked and repairs made. They offered me a discount, first the standard discount for multiple neighbours having work done at the same time. A day later I got an even better offer that I wasn't allowed to tell the neighbours about. Which made me mistrust them. After some back and forth through messaging with my sister (who's on vacation) on Thursday we decided to hold off on having our roof done.

I suppose the chances of a roof tile moving at one of the neighbours is probably higher than that is ours, since people have been on their roofs. Those workers shouldn't have been on ours. But again, it has been windy. However, if it turns out to have happened on our roof I'm suspicious about it. It would be a very big coincidence if a roof tile slipped just after we got an offer for checking/repairing our roof.

Going outside is useless, it's too dark to see. Plus, at 2 am there's nothing I can do about it. There's still a chance of rain in the next couple of hours. So I expect I'll get little sleep tonight.

There is one last possibility and that is that I dreamt it; I was mostly asleep when I heard the sound. And with the roof being on my mind these past couple of days my brain might have produced the sound. Won't know until it's light, or when it starts leaking if it rains.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:10 AM   #37472
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Wishing your roof well!

I keep dreaming about ding-dong-ditchers ringing my front door bell. It finally happened when I had family staying with me -- and they heard nothing! So I've determined they are probably all just dreams. Sigh. They wake me up pretty thoroughly, though.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:36 AM   #37473
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
I can't see anything amiss with the roof. I can't see the two rows of tiles just above the dormer window, though. I'll keep an eye out for the neighbour across the street and will ask if he can check it out for me from his upstairs window.

But it looks like either my brain made up the noise or, I realized earlier, it might have been a bird sliding down the roof. It still sounds strange to me when there are birds on our roof, so it might be that.

I hardly got any sleep. about 90 minutes before the sound and maybe the same afterwards (I did doze for a while).

Rain isn't expected until tomorrow, and only a little. So hopefully I'll see the neighbour before then. Otherwise I'll keep an eye on my dormer for leaks.

On the roof at the back I did see one tile with the bottom slightly lifted. I'm not too worried about it. And in a couple of weeks the solar panels are going to be installed, so I'll ask those guys if they can straighten that tile.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:58 AM   #37474
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Glad it has been a dream and I hope you can talk to your neighbors and those tiles are fine too.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
creepy crawlers!, dell computers, monteverdi, thread that never ends, tubery, unutterable silliness