Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil > Plugins

Notices

Old Today, 02:31 AM   #16
KarlG
Connoisseur
KarlG began at the beginning.

Device: none
@Kevin, I DID actually wonder if it was a Qt issue, so I downloaded Qt 6.8.0 beta 2 to try with that.

In file included from /opt/Qt/6.8.0/gcc_64/include/QtCore/qstring.h:14,
from /opt/Qt/6.8.0/gcc_64/include/QtCore/QString:1,
from /usr/src/Sigil/src/sigil_constants.cpp:24:
/opt/Qt/6.8.0/gcc_64/include/QtCore/qchar.h:66:2: error: #error This macro has been removed in Qt 6.8.
66 | #error This macro has been removed in Qt 6.8.

This is of course a completely separate issue, but I thought I'd post the error here anyway just to let you know about it.
KarlG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:36 AM   #17
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
That is an internal Qt issue. All that line in sigil_constants.cpp does is #include <QString> so the headers being used in this Beta are not internally consistent with the source.

FWIW, I would stay away from any Qt Betas, .0, and .1 releases as they are typically bug filled.

We will not be moving to Qt 6.8 for a long time yet and not until it reaches Qt 6.8.2 or higher.

Qt is still planning to release a Qt 6.7.3 once it collects enough bug fixes, we will probably move there before trying any Qt 6.8.x version.

Of course rolling releases like Arch and Manjaro will probably be moving to Qt 6.8.0 when it is released so we will see what that brings.

Last edited by KevinH; Today at 10:12 AM.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:36 AM   #18
KarlG
Connoisseur
KarlG began at the beginning.

Device: none
Yes, normally I don't use betas because of the potential for bugs. I just thought it might be interesting for you to know that 6.8 was causing an error. However, if you're not planning to move to 6.8 until 6.8.2 or higher I'm sure you'll have everything under control by then.
KarlG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:44 AM   #19
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
Of course rolling releases like Arch and Manjaro will probably be moving to Qt 6.8.0 when it is released so we will see what that brings.
Keeping my Arch system up to date is my early warning system for future Sigil trouble. The best thing about it is that we can usually fix those bugs, make a new release, and get Arch to package it long before other distros ever release the buggy versions!
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote