Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old Yesterday, 01:22 PM   #3001
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Beta Version 2.16.15

Removes the nonfunctional "Check for firmware update" from the menu.

Specifically, I just commented out the lines that add the menu option (590-596 in action.py).
Did you also remove all the automatic check stuff?
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:28 PM   #3002
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
No, I wasn't sure where that was.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:09 PM   #3003
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
No, I wasn't sure where that was.
Ok, I'll take care of that. Your changes will be included.
Old Yesterday, 04:17 PM   #3004
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Beta version of 2.17.0. Changes:It works for me. I would appreciate other people testing it.

EDIT: This is the github repository I use when I make changes to this plugin.

EDIT: Outdated ZIP file removed.

Last edited by chaley; Today at 06:58 AM.
Old Yesterday, 05:01 PM   #3005
Phil_C
Addict
Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350; Kobo Clara HD; Kobo Clara 2E; Kobo Clara BW
2.17.0 is working for me.
Phil_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:17 PM   #3006
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The devices tab in the config looks weird to me:

Click image for larger version

Name:	2024-07-12 19_17_42-Customize Kobo Utilities.png
Views:	34
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	209530

It's supposed to look like this

Name:	2024-07-12 19_20_15-Customize Kobo Utilities.png
Views:	27
Size:	28.3 KB
ID:	209531

Last edited by ownedbycats; Yesterday at 06:20 PM.
Old Yesterday, 06:35 PM   #3007
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
The devices tab in the config looks weird to me:
Typo. I will make a new release tomorrow. Perhaps other problems will be found.

It looks like this now:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Clipboard01.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	209532  
Old Today, 03:28 AM   #3008
Leonatus
Wizard
Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Shine 3
Thank you all! I scarcely remind that I ever installed the new firmware manually, but it seems to be inevitable now.
However, the changes at Kobo are hopefully not affecting the possibility to install the patches, don't they? Are the patches for the recent firmware still to come out? I can't find them at the Developer's site.
Leonatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:24 AM   #3009
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Beta Version 2.16.15

Removes the nonfunctional "Check for firmware update" from the menu.

Specifically, I just commented out the lines that add the menu option (590-596 in action.py).
I was thinking of the code being removed completely. But your idea will work just as well. Thanks

Last edited by JSWolf; Today at 05:26 AM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:56 AM   #3010
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

New beta version 2.17.1: Fixes the problem with the device configuration screen mentioned in post #3006.

I will release this version in a few days unless someone reports problems
Attached Files
File Type: zip KoboUtilities_2_17_1.zip (1.33 MB, 6 views)
Old Today, 11:03 AM   #3011
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I was thinking of the code being removed completely. But your idea will work just as well. Thanks
I prefer the commenting out method as it leaves bread crumbs on things that used to work for future maintainers. Saves wasted time trying to discover why there was no get updated FW on the menu
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:55 PM   #3012
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I prefer the commenting out method as it leaves bread crumbs on things that used to work for future maintainers. Saves wasted time trying to discover why there was no get updated FW on the menu
Yes, always preferable on all SW.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:01 PM   #3013
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
Yes, always preferable on all SW.
I don't agree. Commenting stuff out leaves piles of cruft one must wade through. It obfuscates the running code. Comments turn into bit rot very quickly. You must comment added code to relate it to the removed code.

If you want to see what was there then look at the GitHub repository. There you get an accurate view of what came and went.
Old Today, 01:31 PM   #3014
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

I commented out the menu in case someone wanted to take theduck's suggestion of replacing it with a link to the firmware page. I tried to do it myself but couldn't get it working.

Tags
calibre, kobo, kobo utilities, kobo-utilities, plugins