Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 07-23-2024, 01:40 AM   #466
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Question:

Click image for larger version

Name:	2024-07-23 02_37_36-Window.png
Views:	20
Size:	1.4 KB
ID:	209727

Is there a way to change the date of the first 0% record other than manually tampering the JSON or removing and re-adding the book to the goal?
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2024, 07:36 AM   #467
thiago.eec
Guru
thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Is there a way to change the date of the first 0% record other than manually tampering the JSON or removing and re-adding the book to the goal?
Yes. In the book list, change the date to the correct value (without changing the progress). Then, go to "Edit Goal > Show book records" and delete the old entry.
thiago.eec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2024, 02:56 PM   #468
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The new date doesn't appear as a separate record, and I can't delete the only entry.
Old 07-25-2024, 10:21 AM   #469
thiago.eec
Guru
thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've just tested here:

1) Added a book to my reading goal on 07/23, with no progress
2) Today I changed the date to 07/25
3) Now, when I press 'Show records', I see both records there
4) Then, I can delete the 07/23 entry
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Captura de tela 2024-07-25 111716.png
Views:	18
Size:	8.5 KB
ID:	209751  
Old Yesterday, 06:30 AM   #470
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Ah, it works for me now - there's a weird little UI quirk where the record displays in the same row as the book record which confused.
Old Yesterday, 07:34 AM   #471
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

I ran into another weird glitch:

Name:	2024-07-26 08_31_16-calibre — __ My Books __.png
Views:	18
Size:	7.4 KB
ID:	209765

I added a #lastread of 2024-01-01 to several backlogged books. However, two specific books keep erroring. I tried removing them and re-adding them and noticed that it tried to add to 2023 instead.

The only odd thing I can think of is perhaps some timezone shenanigans as the other books don't have 00:00:00:

Name:	2024-07-26 08_33_48-Edit metadata - Colonization - [2 of 2].png
Views:	22
Size:	4.7 KB
ID:	209766

EDIT: It is the exact time. If I copy the date from a non-glitched book (which also includes the specific time information) it doesn't error.

Last edited by ownedbycats; Yesterday at 07:39 AM.
Old Today, 04:39 AM   #472
Comfy.n
want to learn what I want
Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Calibre E-book viewer
hmm, I wonder why your exact date doesn't display the milliseconds bit before the timezone, which amusingly is the same.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	MWSnap 2024-07-27, 05_29_45.png
Views:	16
Size:	3.8 KB
ID:	209771  
Comfy.n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:03 AM   #473
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Maybe a regional formatting thing?
Old Today, 10:08 AM   #474
thiago.eec
Guru

Quote:
I ran into another weird glitch:

Attachment 209765

I added a #lastread of 2024-01-01 to several backlogged books. However, two specific books keep erroring. I tried removing them and re-adding them and noticed that it tried to add to 2023 instead.

The only odd thing I can think of is perhaps some timezone shenanigans as the other books don't have 00:00:00:

Attachment 209766

EDIT: It is the exact time. If I copy the date from a non-glitched book (which also includes the specific time information) it doesn't error.
I don't know if this is some sort of calibre setting, but I can't get my date field to accept just the date, without the time info. When I begin to edit the field, calibre already sets the time to 00:00.

Also, when I set the date to '2024-01-01 00:00:00-03:00', and add the book to my reading goal, the year selected is 2024, not 2023.

How did you get calibre to set the date without the time info? Maybe using the Action Chains plugin?
Old Today, 10:50 AM   #475
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Does it freact to one of these Tweaks?
Code:
# Control how dates are displayed

gui_pubdate_display_format = 'MMM yyyy'

gui_timestamp_display_format = 'dd MMM yy, hh:mm'

gui_last_modified_display_format = 'dd MMM yy hh'
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:43 AM   #476
thiago.eec
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Does it freact to one of these Tweaks?
Code:
# Control how dates are displayed

gui_pubdate_display_format = 'MMM yyyy'

gui_timestamp_display_format = 'dd MMM yy, hh:mm'

gui_last_modified_display_format = 'dd MMM yy hh'
If I understand it correctly, those are used in the book list, but not in the metadata dialog. The screen capture posted was from the metadata dialog.
Old Today, 12:20 PM   #477
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
You may be correct. My GUI timestamp has been adjusted to only show HH

I sure don't need to worry about Min and Sec ...I am RETIRED
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:06 PM   #478
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by thiago.eec View Post
How did you get calibre to set the date without the time info? Maybe using the Action Chains plugin?
Action Chains, I think.

My screenshot was a tooltip from the MDE. A few updates ago it was added to show the full timestamp there.
Old Today, 02:14 PM   #479
thiago.eec
Guru

Quote:
Action Chains, I think.
I think that's the problem. Action Chains does this directly via python, so it can add the date without the time info. Then, when the -3h offset is applied, the record is placed in 2023 instead of 2024.

A solution would be to use 2024-02-01.