Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old Yesterday, 08:23 PM   #1
Alan_S
Evangelist
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura ONE
Latest nightly crash on Kobo Aura 1 and with KSM 9 - update after a long time

I have Kobo Aura 1, and I use it on KSM 9. I had very old version (koreader-kobo-v2022.06-40-g5e2ed5ae_2022-07-18 - yes, I don't update very frequently).

I downloaded latest nightly - koreader-kobo-v2024.04-221-g6d73442ec_2024-06-30

After I copied files over installation, it just crashed when I tried to start it, and crash log is attached.

What should I do?

Return to old version? Something else? If possible, I'd like to stay with KSM 9, as I also have very old version of Nickel, not even sure which version.

EDIT:

I copied old version back, old koreader works without issues.

EDIT2:

After that, I decided to try and test latest stable (2024.04 - Sourdough), and it works without issues. So, it's the nightly that's causing issues for me.
Attached Files
File Type: txt crash_log.txt (14.7 KB, 8 views)

Last edited by Alan_S; Yesterday at 09:23 PM.
Alan_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:14 AM   #2
mergen3107
Wizard
mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Code:
ffi.load: libs/libzstd.so.1
./luajit: ./ffi/zstd.lua:44: Failed to allocate ZSTD decompression buffer (1.844674407371e+19 bytes)
stack traceback:
	[C]: in function 'assert'
	./ffi/zstd.lua:44: in function 'zstd_uncompress'
	frontend/persist.lua:124: in function 'deserialize'
	frontend/persist.lua:224: in function 'load'
	frontend/fontlist.lua:171: in function 'getFontList'
	frontend/ui/font.lua:157: in main chunk
	[C]: in function 'require'
	frontend/apps/reader/modules/readerfooter.lua:7: in main chunk
	[C]: in function 'require'
	frontend/ui/data/onetime_migration.lua:241: in main chunk
	[C]: in function 'dofile'
	./reader.lua:162: in main chunk
	[C]: at 0x000140cd
!!!!
Uh oh, something went awry... (Crash n°1: 07/03/24 @ 02:10:47)
Running FW 4.8.11073 on Linux 3.0.35+ (#5030 PREEMPT Wed Oct 25 10:25:24 CST 2017)
Attempting to restart KOReader . . .
!!!!
mergen3107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:05 AM   #3
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
That is a completely bonkers around of bytes. I'm not sure what might be going wrong there. O.o
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:50 PM   #4
Alan_S
Evangelist
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I can only say, it's something after last stable, and that nightly. But what, it's above my understanding.

If you have some nightlies I could test, to try to pinpoint the source of issue, I'm willing to try them out, to see when it happens again.
Old Today, 02:52 PM   #5
jonnyl
Enthusiast
jonnyl shares his or her toysjonnyl shares his or her toysjonnyl shares his or her toysjonnyl shares his or her toysjonnyl shares his or her toysjonnyl shares his or her toysjonnyl shares his or her toysjonnyl shares his or her toysjonnyl shares his or her toysjonnyl shares his or her toysjonnyl shares his or her toys

Device: Likebook Mars
See https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues/9771

It is apparently caused by corrupted files. Deleting the font cache file cache/fontlist/fontinfo.dat fixed it at least for some users.
jonnyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:16 PM   #6
Alan_S
Evangelist

Great, it did solved the issue.

The procedure I did was that I first went and deleted font cache file, then I updated koreader with latest nightly (or, at least the same as in the first post, if there's a new nightly, didn't checked).

After I started koreader, everything works fine.

I now think I should have try to do a bit different procedure, ie: first update and try to run it, in case that stable version somehow fixed corrupted font cache file.

But, all in all, it was corrupted font cache file. It's good to know. It also might help to know why nightly crashed, but stable version just loaded fine.

Thanks jonnyl, a bit of karma is sent your way.