Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 09-21-2024, 07:26 AM   #16
foosion
Evangelist
foosion is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.foosion is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.foosion is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.foosion is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.foosion is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.foosion is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.foosion is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.foosion is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.foosion is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.foosion is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.foosion is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.

Device: Kobo Libra 2 & Clara BW
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
It was a warning of basically do nothing code.
<style> </style>
It may not have been your intention to delete the contents and this gives you a warning to undo /abort an edit that went bad.

Personally, I like Lean, Neat code
Sounds reasonable. I do wonder where that came from, since the book otherwise shows the signs of a simple Calibre conversion.

I also like nice clean code, but when trying to make a published book appear the way I want it may make sense to limit changes to those that affect appearance (if I can restrain myself).
foosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2024, 12:37 PM   #17
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by foosion View Post
In the editor, wouldn't it just be the arrange into folders function, which seems rather easy?
?? The into folders is not the same as Drag and Drop in an OS.

There are fixed folders for each type of file. Text, Styles, Images...

This 'rule' caused grief for those who wanted to combine books, but the CSS, Text files, Images had identical NAMES, but differed all over the place in the content. (the ultimate scramble )
The convivence of folders is handy for books with dozens of files, when you want to use names like chapter_32.JPG.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2024, 12:48 PM   #18
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Sounds reasonable. I do wonder where that came from, since the book otherwise shows the signs of a simple Calibre conversion.

I also like nice clean code, but when trying to make a published book appear the way I want it may make sense to limit changes to those that affect appearance (if I can restrain myself).
I suspect an inline styles 'cleanup' snagged the contents.
Or it could be a simple unused 'House' boilerplate.
I routinely clean 'Unused styles', resulting in a 60% reduction of the CSS.
I also move the frequently used (regular Paragraphs) styles to a CSS in many Amazon sourced books (I now mostly read on a Kobo).
Old 09-21-2024, 02:18 PM   #19
foosion
Evangelist
foosion is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.foosion is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.foosion is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.foosion is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.foosion is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.foosion is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.foosion is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.foosion is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.foosion is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.foosion is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.foosion is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.

Device: Kobo Libra 2 & Clara BW
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
?? The into folders is not the same as Drag and Drop in an OS.

There are fixed folders for each type of file. Text, Styles, Images...

This 'rule' caused grief for those who wanted to combine books, but the CSS, Text files, Images had identical NAMES, but differed all over the place in the content. (the ultimate scramble )
The convivence of folders is handy for books with dozens of files, when you want to use names like chapter_32.JPG.
??

The issue was that the CSS file was in the same folder as the html files, rather than fixed folders for each. Arrange into folders moved it into a style folder and revised the links.
foosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2024, 02:52 PM   #20
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
??

The issue was that the CSS file was in the same folder as the html files, rather than fixed folders for each. Arrange into folders moved it into a style folder and revised the links.
Either is LEGAL
But it does need the correct reference link in the head
Old 09-21-2024, 02:58 PM   #21
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
??

The folder structure really has very few fixed rules. The mimetype file must be uncompressed and in the root and the container.xml file and its cousins* must be in the META-INF folder. You can place other files in the root or in a directory structure. I prefer the structured version but that is a personal preference. I generally use Sigil's Restructure to Sigil Norm to do this (at one time Sigil did the restructure automatically when you opened an ePub but since it is not mandated, it was moved to a tool that the user gets to decide on using). Sigil does automatically reparse any links during the restructure.

signatures.xml, metadata.xml, manifest.xml, rights.xml, encryption.xml and com.apple.ibooks.display-options.xml are some of the cousins though some may be found elsewhere in the .zip container.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote