Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Development

Notices

Old Yesterday, 07:08 AM   #1
ptm@xact.co.uk
ptm@xact.co.uk began at the beginning.

Device: none
Question XHTML closing tag issue

Simply by parsing and committing an xhtml file, using the container, I see the following changes to the content.

Before parsing:
<span x="y"/>
<div id="w"/>

After committing:
<span x="y"></span>
<div id="w"></div>

Is there a 'tweak' setting or other method I can use to preserve the compact version of for tags with only attributes and no content?
ptm@xact.co.uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:43 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No there isn't, IIRC.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:40 AM   #3
ptm@xact.co.uk
ptm@xact.co.uk began at the beginning.

Device: none
I have not looked at the Calibre code. Hopefully there is an option on the serializer to use compact closing tags (i.e. <sometag/>) instead of <sometag></sometag>. If this is the case, how difficult do you think it would be to add a tweak to set this option? Is this something you or I can look at? I would need a few hints where to start looking.
ptm@xact.co.uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:44 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
This is done deliberately, see line 441 in oeb/base.py
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:20 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptm@xact.co.uk View Post
I have not looked at the Calibre code. Hopefully there is an option on the serializer to use compact closing tags (i.e. <sometag/>) instead of <sometag></sometag>. If this is the case, how difficult do you think it would be to add a tweak to set this option? Is this something you or I can look at? I would need a few hints where to start looking.
Most tags are <sometag>Text from the book</sometag>. That's why it should not be done. <sometag/>This is text from the book will not work.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
xhtml tags