Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old Today, 04:15 AM   #1
superkraal
superkraal began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Kobo Clara HD does not restart after update and factory reset

Hello, I bought a (refurbished) Kobo Clara HD end 2023 and just installed some system updates. Now, the reader keeps crashing. I managed to do a factory reset (30 seconds power button hold and then 15 seconds). The reader then resets with the famous 3 dots and 2 arrows in a circle, and after more than 30 minutes it shows the original start up screen (an image of the reader and instruction implying you press the power button). Upon pressing the power button, it seems like starting up but then just shows a blank (white) screen. The led next to the power button keeps flashing. I repeated the factory reset process a couple of times with the same result. I also tried turning the reader of by pressing the power button for 8 seconds and then turning it on. I've tried the proces with the reader connected to power, also without, to different power sources etc. I've contacted the seller for warranty, but in the meanwhile I wonder what I can do about this. Eternally grateful if someone has the solution as I will be going on holiday in 4 days....
superkraal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:19 AM   #2
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
You can ask for an image in this topic
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=355778
and replace it.
If it doesn't fix it, then the sd card is probably damaged. Replace the card.
Semwize is offline   Reply With Quote