Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-13-2024, 02:34 PM   #31
nar001
Enthusiast
nar001 began at the beginning.

Device: M96C
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
Well wifi shows as enabled and the error message implies that it is trying to update.

Maybe some combination disabling wifi on your access point or disconnect incoming internet, and trying "try again" and "Manage wifi" enough times will get you out of it. And maybe some reboots.)
Oh yeah this one wifi was enabled, but one time I was in airplane mode, and it also showed this. Honestly not sure why, obviously no OTA got downloaded, hell I even did it after using renameotabinary and it still showed this display (That's why I'm confused about it)
nar001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:17 PM   #32
vendo232
vendo232 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by nar001 View Post
Oh yeah this one wifi was enabled, but one time I was in airplane mode, and it also showed this. Honestly not sure why, obviously no OTA got downloaded, hell I even did it after using renameotabinary and it still showed this display (That's why I'm confused about it)
Hi, just got my Kindle Scribe and want to ask before opening the package is it possible to install KUAL and KOReader for ePUBs?
vendo232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:29 PM   #33
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by vendo232 View Post
Hi, just got my Kindle Scribe and want to ask before opening the package is it possible to install KUAL and KOReader for ePUBs?
That depends on the firmware version. If it is equal or greater than 5.16.3 there is no jailbreak at this time. There is no way to know the version without turning it on.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:50 PM   #34
mergen3107
Wizard
mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You can guess it by looking at the serial number.

There are four groups of four characters in the serial number. You need the third group. It represents year, week, and day of manufacturing. Like 322X is year 2023, week 21, any day. If it’s that or lower, then you’re good, JB possible. If it is higher than that, then 90% that FW will be 5.16.3 or higher. Although some users reported that even late production Kindle had low firmwares too
mergen3107 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:44 PM   #35
vendo232

was @nar001 able to pass the activation screen using AP without internet? What was your FW version?

my DSN is : G09227xxxxxX011N

Last edited by vendo232; Yesterday at 11:48 PM.
Old Today, 04:30 AM   #36
nar001
Enthusiast

Quote:
was @nar001 able to pass the activation screen using AP without internet? What was your FW version?

I kept it around jailbreak-version so 5.16.2 and 5.16.2.0.1, not higher since if it was it would be useless!
Old Today, 07:16 AM   #37
mergen3107
Wizard
mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

You need the third group of four characters (currently crossed out) to know date of manufacturing.

But if you already turned on Kindle and connected to Wi-Fi, 99% it got updated to latest firmware. So this information is no longer useful
mergen3107 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:59 AM   #38
nar001
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mergen3107 View Post
You need the third group of four characters (currently crossed out) to know date of manufacturing.

But if you already turned on Kindle and connected to Wi-Fi, 99% it got updated to latest firmware. So this information is no longer useful
If they haven't logged in for Amazon not necessarily, mine didn't update since I couldn't log in
Old Today, 10:09 AM   #39
vendo232

Quote:
Originally Posted by mergen3107 View Post

Thank you Sir, no still in the BOX and no plan to connect to WIFI yet. Looks like the factory FW is jailbreakable ! I will try to follow the Captive Wifi process to get pass through the setup and then will try the JB.

My goal is simple just KUAl and KOReader to read ePUBs
Old Today, 10:44 AM   #40
nar001
Enthusiast

Quote:
Thank you Sir, no still in the BOX and no plan to connect to WIFI yet. Looks like the factory FW is jailbreakable ! I will try to follow the Captive Wifi process to get pass through the setup and then will try the JB.

My goal is simple just KUAl and KOReader to read ePUBs
Go captive firmware, write ";demo" in the address bar after the browser launches, and if everything goes well when you tap "no" you should get kicked back in the main screen, with the men.
Old Today, 11:10 AM   #41
vendo232

Quote:
Go captive firmware, write ";demo" in the address bar after the browser launches, and if everything goes well when you tap "no" you should get kicked back in the main screen, with the men.
if you say "Go captive firmware" do you mean connect to WIFI like "xfinity" where internet is behind a login thus failing to login in would result in no internet and Kindly would just give up and let me to the main manu?
Old Today, 11:16 AM   #42
nar001
Enthusiast

Quote:
if you say "Go captive firmware" do you mean connect to WIFI like "xfinity" where internet is behind a login thus failing to login in would result in no internet and Kindly would just give up and let me to the main manu?
No it would show the login page, and instead of logging in, you tap ";demo" in the address bar (Deleting the current URL) and when yo have access to the main menu you put your kindle in airplane mode (Which actually let's you bypass it after, if you restart or such)
Old Today, 11:45 AM   #43
vendo232

Quote:
No it would show the login page, and instead of logging in, you tap ";demo" in the address bar (Deleting the current URL) and when yo have access to the main menu you put your kindle in airplane mode (Which actually let's you bypass it after, if you restart or such)
thank you sir, I`m ready to open and follow the JB guide.