Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old Today, 10:28 AM   #1
quentincompson
Enthusiast
quentincompson began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 8
Buying Sony PRS-T2 in 2024, need your advice

Hey, guys! I’ve already made a post here a while back, and you helped me out a lot. Now I was hoping you could once again give me your advice about the following issue.

I’ve found a mostly unused Sony Prs t2 for around 45 bucks (the seller says he’s only read two or three books with it and that the e-reader has mostly been gathering dust on the shelf). I’m considering buying it, but I’m a bit concerned about the battery.

The guy says that he never let the charge drop to zero, and that the last time he used the book was about four years ago and the battery was half-charged when he turned it off. Now, four years later, he turned it on again and according to him it still shows the same charge (two segments). Do you think he ‘s telling the truth? Is it possible for the battery to remain with about the same charge for 4 years? And if he’s not lying, then does the fact that the book hasn’t lost its charge for such a long time mean that the battery’s health should be ok?

I’ve already have a T2 model and I was hoping to buy a second one as a spare. In fact, I also recently bought a secondhand T3 model, but it doesn’t feel that much different from the T2 (I only read novels in epub), and it’s supposedly been much more frequently used than the T2 that I’ve found (though the T3 is still in great condition, with one minor issue - i feel like that by default the text that the T3 displays in somewhat fainter and not as bold as the T2's); consequently, I could sell the T3 and buy another T2 instead.

Thank you!
quentincompson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:39 AM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Personally, I wouldn't spend such an amount on an ancient Sony reader. If you want bold, sharp text with good contrast, any modern Kobo or Kindle would do, as you can adjust the font weight and sideload a custom font (neither of which you can do on a Sony).
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:42 AM   #3
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
$45 is too expensive for a Sony T2
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:25 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The T2 is an old slow Reader with a low-res screen. It has problems with hi-res images. It can either be very slow to open the images or it can crash.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote