Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old Yesterday, 04:39 PM   #91
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprobert View Post
Hi Kevin,

When I do Add Cover with v2.2.1, the file selection is not highlighted with a contrasting color (at first). Here's a screen shot:
Okay, I finally have a test build but my changes do not change the the behaviour you described above.

Did Sigil ever work that way in the AddCover? Why would it default to having something already selected. It is the act of clicking that actually makes your choice apparent.

I am not 100% on this.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:42 PM   #92
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

And ditto for the MetaEditor? I will look into why focus is stolen when clicking on the remove button.

Update:

I tried Sigil-2.0.2, and Sigil-2.1.0 and in "AddCover" neither one highlights a pick when first opened. So there is no change from Sigil 2.2.0 or Sigil 2.2.1.

Did the same for the MetaData Editor and nothing was highlighted there either when first opened. So Sigil-2.0.2, and Sigil-2.1.0, work the same as Sigil 2.2.X in that regard.

As for the Remove button not letting focus go back to the MetaEditor Window, I have found and fixed that.

If you run into any others. Please let me know.

Last edited by KevinH; Yesterday at 06:29 PM.
Old Yesterday, 07:50 PM   #93
mrprobert
Enthusiast
mrprobert began at the beginning.

Device: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
Okay, I finally have a test build but my changes do not change the the behaviour you described above.

Did Sigil ever work that way in the AddCover? Why would it default to having something already selected. It is the act of clicking that actually makes your choice apparent.

I am not 100% on this.
Kevin,

You are probably correct, this is nothing new. But, I would like to use the arrow keys to cycle through the list. Consider this:

1. Start Sigil and add in some images that are potential covers, say they are flower.jpg, marmot,jpg and zebra.jpg.

2. Open Add Cover. screenshot1 shows the picture at top of the list (flower) but no highlighting. I want flower as the cover, I know what a flower looks like, and so I click OK and all is well.

3. Well, I don't want flower so I will use down arrow to see the next image. screenshot2 shows nothing has changed except flower.jpg is highlighted on the list. But I don't want flower, why didn't the down arrow key advance the list the next image in the list?

4. I press down arrow again and the image now changes to the next item in the list: marmot. Again, no highlighting, but I know what a marmot looks like. I don't want that image either so again with down arrow. There is no effect and so the down arrow key is now useless: I can't cycle through the list with down arrow key nor the up arrow key.

Here's my opinion:

1. I want to be able to cycle through the list with the up/down arrow keys but I can't, I have to use multiple mouse clicks to cycle through the list.

2. There should always be highlighting that corresponds to the visible image. Highlighting is positive confirmation that the visible image and the filename are paired. If you know names and not pictures then using the mouse (or shortcut) is the only way to go.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot1.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	209353   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot2.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	88.3 KB
ID:	209354  
mrprobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:44 AM   #94
KevinH
Sigil Developer

Technically, all QTreeViews (which is what AddCover uses), should automatically use keyboard arrow keys for navigation. Somehow the timing of loading the WebEngine to show the detailed image is messing it up. I will look why that is happening.