Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old Yesterday, 04:24 PM   #2161
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
So having an option for disabling the touchscreen and only using the buttons seems like a nice solution.
If you accidentally get soapy water into the Libra 2, that voids any warranty since soapy water does not qualify as plain water. The idea is that if your ereader accidentally gets wet, it is not automatically toast.

Not to mention that it might be better to have your shower and then have a soak in the bathtub in terms of the amount of water you are going to use though that will depend on the showerhead's volume limiter if any.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:07 PM   #2162
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
If you accidentally get soapy water into the Libra 2, that voids any warranty since soapy water does not qualify as plain water. The idea is that if your ereader accidentally gets wet, it is not automatically toast.
From the Kobo website quote, if I wanted to read in the shower, I wouldn't be to concerned about the warranty. The OP did say that it is useless currently.
Quote:
Not to mention that it might be better to have your shower and then have a soak in the bathtub in terms of the amount of water you are going to use though that will depend on the showerhead's volume limiter if any.
Seems rather irrelevant, IMO.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:01 PM   #2163
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemarble View Post
otherwise the waterproof is useless to me!!! screen twitches when the water splashes on it, totally can't read!!!
i bought libra2 just because i imagine i could shower while read.
please, i really love my libra2 but this is the reason why i still use my kindle!!!
Quote:
From the Kobo website quote, if I wanted to read in the shower, I wouldn't be to concerned about the warranty. The OP did say that it is useless currently.
The OP complained that they could not disable the touch screen. I pointed out that the Kobo swipe only option is exactly what the Kindle disable touchscreen does. As for the Kobo website quote, only if you consider water with soap or shampoo in it as being clean water, not to mention that that specification covers temperatures between 15° and 35° C. (60° to 95°F) so your bath/shower is liable to exceed those limits.

Quote:
Seems rather irrelevant, IMO.
You may consider reading while having a shower to be a convenient use of your time. I consider it a good way to get soapy water into your ereader and to waste water. And given the coverage given to water shortages these days, encouraging water waste is not a good idea.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:17 AM   #2164
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
The OP complained that they could not disable the touch screen. I pointed out that the Kobo swipe only option is exactly what the Kindle disable touchscreen does.
Not quite? Doing a google, apparently the Kindle disables all other touch behaviour: menus, highlighting, .... This, to me, means that the Kobo swipe only vs Kindle disable are not exactly the same, and IMO are really fundamentally different.

Quote:
... You may consider reading while having a shower to be a convenient use of your time. I consider it a good way to get soapy water into your ereader and to waste water. And given the coverage given to water shortages these days, encouraging water waste is not a good idea.
I would consider a good way to get soap in an ereader would be to submerse it in soapy water, and an unlikely way would be from a shower. If I was worried about getting soap in the reader while taking a shower, I just wouldn't touch/swipe while my hands were soapy, and run it under clean water when done with my shower. You just need to think outside the box to solve these sort of issues.

As far as conservation of water. I'm surprised you didn't mention getting a better limiter, turn down the water pressure, use a rain barrel and take a shower using rain water, ...
John F is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
feature requests, firmware, kobo