Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-16-2023, 01:00 AM   #16
Duke5127
Duke5127 has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Duke5127 has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Duke5127 has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Duke5127 has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Duke5127 has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Duke5127 has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Duke5127 has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Duke5127 has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Duke5127 has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Duke5127 has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Duke5127 has a propeller beanie that spins backward.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
Hey, thanks man! What's the difference between Literata Book and Scriptoria? Are there new glyphs or anything?
There are no new glyphs. The only difference is that Scriptoria is Literata 3 with the line spacing from Literata Book. That's the only difference.
Duke5127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2023, 01:55 AM   #17
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke5127 View Post
There are no new glyphs. The only difference is that Scriptoria is Literata 3 with the line spacing from Literata Book. That's the only difference.
Sorry. Let's try this again: What is the difference between Literata 1 vs. Literata 3? At least for the purposes of using on an ereader. What are the advantages of using Literata 3?

I guess I think of fonts as a fixed set of glyphs.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2023, 11:48 AM   #18
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
@JSWolf do you have a recommended font editor?
I do like FontCreator. But you have to pay for it. If I was to buy FontCreator, I'd go for the standard version.

For free, go for FontForge.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2023, 12:59 PM   #19
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@ZodWallop: That won't answer your question entirely, but the main difference from v2 to v3 was the move to a natively variable font.

I don't recall massive glyph shape differences myself, but I didn't use v2 for long (and mostly not at the same weight and not on eInk devices).

I don't think I ever used v1, though, but I may be mistaken.

As usual, if you're happy with your current results, don't poke the bear .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2023, 02:45 PM   #20
Martinoptic
Bibliolater
Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I’ve had a go with scriptoria and Literata book. Line spacing is the same as is font weight but the letters in scriptoria are closer together which I think I prefer. However “Th” in scriptoria loses part of the right hand top of the T as you would expect in ligatures and I assume does this in Literata 3 though I’ve not tried it. I like it. Thank you Duke5127.
Martinoptic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2024, 08:58 PM   #21
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Pocketbook Era, Kindle Oasis 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke5127 View Post
Here's Scriptoria, Literata 3 with Literata Book metrics.
Many thanks for your work! I've loaded this on my new Pocketbook Era and really like it! Need to get it on my Kobo readers next.

EDIT: Tried Scriptoria on my Kobo reader and my Kindle, but there's one tiny hiccup.

Oddly, though it displays old-style figures on my Pocketbook reader, it does not do so on my Kobo with either epub or kepub format. Nor does it display old-style numbers on my Kindle.

I've no clue why this should be, since the font clearly contains the old-style figures, unless it is the font file type. My Literata Book files are OTF, while Scriptoria files are TTF.

I really like old-style figures, I find them much easier to read and more graceful, so I'll stick with Literata Book on my Kobos and Kindle and enjoy Scriptoria on my Pocketbook Era.

Last edited by graycyn; 06-26-2024 at 09:57 PM.
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote