Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old Yesterday, 08:47 PM   #736
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falafelteller View Post
When downloading metadata and putting 'Goodreads:60929' in the id field and clearing everything else. metadata.db books table gets the timestamp field wrong showing '0101-01-01 00:00:00+00:00' instead of the added time. Reproducible on macOS.
Timestamp field was correct before downloading metadata from GR
I have no clue what the Timestamp field is or why you would be even looking at it in metadata.db. On Windows I've just done a metadata download on an empty book with that goodreads id and it all worked fine. Whatever your issues are this plugin specifically is not the cause of them.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:09 PM   #737
Falafelteller
Enthusiast
Falafelteller began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Tolino Vision Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
I have no clue what the Timestamp field is or why you would be even looking at it in metadata.db. On Windows I've just done a metadata download on an empty book with that goodreads id and it all worked fine. Whatever your issues are this plugin specifically is not the cause of them.
I spun up a windows VM to test
I can reproduce it on a fresh calibre install, Installed no plugin but goodreads.
The Bug does not occur if you add an empty book but if you drag an epub into calibre (still has proper timestamp), then edit metadata individually, clear everything and under id enter 'goodreads:60929' and download metadata. This happens with 1 out of 10 books I add this way.
Removing the goodreads plugin and downloading metadata fixes the issue. It only occurs if goodreads plugin is installed.

Last edited by Falafelteller; Today at 12:23 PM.
Falafelteller is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
goodreads, metadata