Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old Yesterday, 09:06 AM   #37546
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
An incessantly barking dog is still like an ice pick to my eye.
Yes. I've always wondered why the barking doesn't bother the owners.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:21 AM   #37547
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deskisamess View Post
Because their craniums are solid?
Renate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:01 PM   #37548
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deskisamess View Post
In my experience, it's mostly because the owners aren't there. They went to work in the morning and left the dog in a fenced-in backyard. A dog who promptly began barking as soon as their owner's car hit the street.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:01 PM   #37549
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
A couple of years back, my daughter was living in an apartment building. A couple of doors down and across the hall lived a couple who had a dog that started barking about a minute after they shut the door on their way to work. After way too long, a group of tenants living in the other apartments on that floor made a formal complaint about the dog. The owners counter argument was that it was the dog's nature and nothing could be done since they were allowed to have pets.

After a couple of months back and forth including a trip to Residential Tenancy Board where it was ruled that the other tenants were having their quiet enjoyment rights violated, the couple was given an eviction notice which they fought for the next 3 or 4 months before they finally moved out. If you are living in an apartment, having a territorial, high energy, easily bored dog is not a good idea.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:18 AM   #37550
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
If you are living in an apartment, having a territorial, high energy, easily bored dog is not a good idea.
Why do people get a dog if they have to leave it alone all day? Just don't do that.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:31 AM   #37551
Karellen
Wizard
Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Yep, hate the barking dogs. So many of them around my area- a rotweiller, two German Shepards, and some other mutt are the worst offenders. All reported to the council at various times, then for a couple of weeks there is peace, then starts up again.

From what I see, people get a dog "for the kids", but do nothing to train and discipline. They are a cuddly indoor dog/toy while a little pup, then get booted out to the backyard when they grow up, and don't adjust and just run wild when left alone. I had one of those next door to me. Thankfully, she moved out this time last year.
Karellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:14 AM   #37552
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
In camping areas I see lots of territorial dogs that bark their heads off when you pass within 100 feet of their camper while on a public path. If I had a dog in such a case I might want it to give a quiet warning "yip" to me when somebody goes by.

The opposite of that is when we have sheep herders in the area. They have intelligent working dogs who do not bark at you at all.
Renate is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
creepy crawlers!, dell computers, monteverdi, thread that never ends, tubery, unutterable silliness