Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-01-2024, 05:01 AM   #31
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
I found the Sage better than the original Elipsa for notes or reading, but now don't use either for notes. I imported all the Kobo version Nebo notebooks into the Nebo App on Android on a TCL Nxtpaper 11. Comparable battery life and screen quality, but with colour and instant conversion preview. The Nebo on the Kobo Sage and Elipsa is much reduced features (no PDF annotation with text layer) and crippled due to running on 150x slower eink.

I use the Sage for reading novels and proofing with text annotation (not pen).

The Elipsa, pen and spare tips, is boxed up waiting for a new owner.

The Elipsa in cover is also very heavy compared to a Sage for notes or reading. The Sage actually has more pixels too.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2024, 10:02 AM   #32
Cootey
Absentminded Reader
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Clara HD, Elipsa; Kindle Paperwhite 3 & 4; iOS eReader apps
Who actually takes notes on an Elipsa / Sage?

I take notes now on my Libra Colour, but I have an Elipsa 1 that I bought when they were first released. I took copious notes with it, but it was always sluggish. I tended to write faster than the Elipsa could keep up with. Matters became worse after the Elipsa 2E firmware updates. The first 2E update was great since it expanded the available notebook templates for my Elipsa 1, but later updates seemed to slow the Elipsa 1 down. Hanging, crashing, and sluggish writing caused me to eventually stop using the Elipsa 1 for note taking.

The Kobo will pale in comparison to the Nebo app running on a tablet. The beefier CPU and GPU will run circles around the Kobo. The trade-off you make for a slow note taking experience is extended battery life compared to tablets and the convenience of having a note taking app built into your ereader. I also like to write occasional notes in the margins of books I’m reading, even though I know that those notes can’t be exported. I try to jot down notes only in purchased books since Kobo syncs them to their cloud.

I never wrote on a Sage, but note taking with my Libra Colour is so much more enjoyable than on my Elipsa 1 because it has a faster processor.
Cootey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:05 AM   #33
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
The 2E has a better pen but i basically use the kindle sage for my notes. it just flows better or i use my BOOX
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote