Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old Yesterday, 06:09 PM   #631
Ma'am-I-Am
Preferred pronouns: We/Us
Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2
@ppiresnl
Just my 2 cents, but if the book is "Maldito invento dum baronete", it looks like a children's picture book so basically images into a PDF. I rarely get those, but I think they are .azw4 or KFX, so search for those extensions. You may need to resort to using the K4PC/K4Mac method.
Can someone confirm or correct me?
Ma'am-I-Am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:14 AM   #632
lkmiller
Laura
lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Elipsa, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus, Kindle Oasis 2
Last time I tried to download a 2024 book which was a kf8/azw3 with the old Android app, it didn't work. Don't know if older books still download. I haven't bothered to try the update to the newer Android app. Since I can use other methods, I'm just sticking with those for now.
lkmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:14 PM   #633
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ma'am-I-Am View Post
@ppiresnl
Just my 2 cents, but if the book is "Maldito invento dum baronete", it looks like a children's picture book so basically images into a PDF. I rarely get those, but I think they are .azw4 or KFX, so search for those extensions. You may need to resort to using the K4PC/K4Mac method.
Can someone confirm or correct me?
The sample of the book downloads used K4A 8.5 as an prc (azw3) ebook. Using K4PC 2.4.0, the sample downloads but attempting to open it gives a "This book cannot be opened. Please remove it from your device and redownload it." It can be imported to Calibre from either download and seems to display as expected with calibre's viewer. It is not available for eInk Kindles.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:51 PM   #634
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppiresnl View Post
Hey! Sorry, I was reading the page but didn't understand how it could help me. Could you please point me to the direction you believe would help me with my issue?

BTW, attached you have a screenshot of the files downloaded by Kindle 8.51.1.0 on Bluestacks.

Thanks!
Interesting. Looks like 8.51 on BS now downloads kfx? Does it work with kfx input and alpha nodrm?
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:07 PM   #635
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
Interesting. Looks like 8.51 on BS now downloads kfx? Does it work with kfx input and alpha nodrm?
For me, 8.51.1.0(1.3.272119.0) is still downloading .prc files which import as .azw3 and rarely as .mobi. BS reports it's version as 5.11.1.1004 P64 since I've refused any offer to upgrade.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:42 PM   #636
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
For me, 8.51.1.0(1.3.272119.0) is still downloading .prc files which import as .azw3 and rarely as .mobi. BS reports it's version as 5.11.1.1004 P64 since I've refused any offer to upgrade.
I just tried too, a new book. Also downloaded as .azw3. Not sure how @ppiresnl managed to download anything as .kfx. Sounded weird when he updated it to the latest version. I don't think he used the hi-res workaround. Possibly 4.16 offers to download the newest version, which you wouldn't want. I only tested it with the specific version I linked to, no app store to be able to mess with the app.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote