Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old Today, 07:16 AM   #1
galax
Enthusiast
galax began at the beginning.

Device: none
¿¿300ppi color eink when??

Greetings,

The most recent devices and premium ones with color eink come with 150ppi in color mode. I understand that the technology is evolving but I couldn't help wondering if there will be ever 300ppi color eink.

¿Are there any manufacturers testing or developing 300ppi color eink at the moment?

¿What people think is the timeline for 300ppi color eink to arrive?

Right now 150ppi color looks quite good, so it's not a bad investment until 300ppi devices appear.

Thanks
galax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:36 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by galax View Post
Greetings,

The most recent devices and premium ones with color eink come with 150ppi in color mode. I understand that the technology is evolving but I couldn't help wondering if there will be ever 300ppi color eink.

¿Are there any manufacturers testing or developing 300ppi color eink at the moment?

¿What people think is the timeline for 300ppi color eink to arrive?

Right now 150ppi color looks quite good, so it's not a bad investment until 300ppi devices appear.

Thanks
Color eInk is not evolving. It's come to a standstill.

As to when, maybe never. That's my guess.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote