Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old Today, 04:11 PM   #1
FacetiousKnave
Unconscionable
FacetiousKnave knows what's going on.FacetiousKnave knows what's going on.FacetiousKnave knows what's going on.FacetiousKnave knows what's going on.FacetiousKnave knows what's going on.FacetiousKnave knows what's going on.FacetiousKnave knows what's going on.FacetiousKnave knows what's going on.FacetiousKnave knows what's going on.FacetiousKnave knows what's going on.FacetiousKnave knows what's going on.

Device: Kindle
Switching from Kindle to Boox Go Color 7

I have been a Kindle user for several years, but I am currently considering switching away from the Amazon ecosystem because I find it too restrictive. I am looking for a device that offers at least a narrow margin of freedom for optimization.

A few days ago, I watched an online review of the Boox Go Color 7 and liked that it allows for storage expansion with a MicroSD card. I have a couple of questions and would appreciate input from anyone who owns one of these devices:
  1. I have a massive library on Calibre. How well does this device integrate with Calibre?
  2. Is it possible to sideload the entire library onto the Boox device and create a folder or collection for each author?
  3. Can you, like on a Kindle, switch from Collection view to List of books view?
  4. Does Boox offer any cloud service similar to Amazon's "Manage Your Library and Devices" that allows you to upload and sync your books?
  5. Is it possible to use your own cloud service, such as pCloud?

Thank you!
FacetiousKnave is online now   Reply With Quote