Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old Today, 08:02 AM   #1
The Outsider
The Outsider
The Outsider began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone. Kindle Fire
Epub validation and errors

I'm relatively new to epub 2 validation (I thought if Sigil didn't have any problems with it, it was good to go ...) and have an error in a "content.opf" file I can't figure out.

Should I try copying everything (except the .opf file) to a new epub file, try something different (the error is "ERROR OPF-074 /OEBPS/content.opf
(line 22, col 86) Package resource "OEBPS/Images/AGADCover2.png" is declared in several manifest item."), or ask the webmaster on the site where I post for ideas?

He's already been very helpful with this issue, and I don't want to overburden him.

What do you think?

The Outsider
The Outsider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:52 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Outsider View Post
I'm relatively new to epub 2 validation (I thought if Sigil didn't have any problems with it, it was good to go ...) and have an error in a "content.opf" file I can't figure out.

Should I try copying everything (except the .opf file) to a new epub file, try something different (the error is "ERROR OPF-074 /OEBPS/content.opf
(line 22, col 86) Package resource "OEBPS/Images/AGADCover2.png" is declared in several manifest item."), or ask the webmaster on the site where I post for ideas?

He's already been very helpful with this issue, and I don't want to overburden him.

What do you think?

The Outsider
It sounds like you have that file listed more then once in the manifest in the OPF. Have a look at the OPF and see if it's listed more than once. If it is, delete the duplicated lines.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:07 AM   #3
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15/11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
If in doubt which ones to delete, just remove all the references, remove the image, and then add the image again using Sigil’s ‘Add existing file’ function. It will put the correct opf entry where it should go.
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:40 AM   #4
The Outsider
The Outsider
The Outsider began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone. Kindle Fire
Thanks. Both of these options together fix the validation problems ...
The Outsider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:50 AM   #5
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
You might want to install the EpubCheck plugin for Sigil. It can catch these kinds of things before submission.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=248186
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote