Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-13-2024, 06:27 PM   #1561
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
I'm watching the 4th series of the Umbrella Academy. Good fun so far.
Same. I've had a lot of fun with this show. The 4th series coming out was one of the driving forces behind me juggling my services to re-subscribe to Netflix.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2024, 07:47 PM   #1562
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:

poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2024, 10:00 PM   #1563
Karellen
Wizard
Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
I am watching it also. Started from Season 1 last week, and at this moment watching S04E01. Absolutely loving it!!!
Karellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:57 AM   #1564
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
I watched the Star Trek: Voyager episode where Tom Paris manages to reach warp 10 in a shuttle (occupying every area of the universe simultaneously). Somehow this causes him to turn into a salamander/catfish thing.

Spoiler:
At the end, he kidnaps Captain Janeway, also turns her into a salamander/catfish thing, and they end up having salamander/catfish babies (which then get abandoned on an unoccupied planet). They're then cured by injections of antimatter.

It was very strange.

Someone made a version of it styled after Star Trek: The Animated Series:

ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:19 AM   #1565
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle
cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Sounds too messy for me - I'm sticking with the infinite improbability drive...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
I watched the Star Trek: Voyager episode where Tom Paris manages to reach warp 10 in a shuttle (occupying every area of the universe simultaneously). Somehow this causes him to turn into a salamander/catfish thing.

Spoiler:
At the end, he kidnaps Captain Janeway, also turns her into a salamander/catfish thing, and they end up having salamander/catfish babies (which then get abandoned on an unoccupied planet). They're then cured by injections of antimatter.

It was very strange.

Someone made a version of it styled after Star Trek: The Animated Series:

cc_in_oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:24 AM   #1566
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc_in_oh View Post
Sounds too messy for me - I'm sticking with the infinite improbability drive...
What I find especially funny about this is that there's one TOS episode where sufficiently advanced aliens modify the Enterprise's engines to reach warp eleven. Nobody turned into salamander/catfish things there.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:26 AM   #1567
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
It really is awful. I only watched the second episode because I want to see if it could get worse (it did)!

Luckily I cancelled BritBox again (I bounce between a combination of streaming services keeping my monthly total fairly constant) so I can't be tempted into seeing how awful it can get.
LOLOL, I mean, I know I've disagreed, from time to time, with the good folks here about what's watchable, what isn't and why but this one? I was quite comfortable that this doozy was going to be a near-perfect "yeah, NO!"

It is hard to believe that they allowed it to escape. I am truly boggled by it. There are some I've given up on--for example, Murdoch Mysteries (!) because I used to really like it, maybe even love it a bit, but it's gone...IDK. It's gone somewhere, somehow that I just no longer love. I don't know why/how, etc. but meh.

THIS ONE, though. wowzers. So so so so bad. LOLOL.

I would pay money to know how the hell it got a 5.8 on IMDB. If that's not vote-rigging, I don't know what is.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote