Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old Today, 01:59 AM   #1
mazinya
mazinya began at the beginning.

Device: scribe
What to dio with blacklisted Scribe

Ordered Scribe on Father day, shipping delayed, was sent a new one, then first one also arrived so now have 2 but the first one is blacklisted.

Contacted Amazon and was told I can send it back or dispose it. I don't live in the US so sending back is a major pain in the ass for me and not going to do it because of their mistake.

CS told me if I try to use it they will charge me for it. I assume they meant if I try to log in? or else how would they know I am trying to use it?

What are my options now? Is it possible to sideload books on it? Can I even get to the home screen without registering? I assume jailbreaking isnt possible since I can't log in
mazinya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:53 AM   #2
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
You can sideload, but it's crippled. Or at least that used to be true.
Amazon's policy of blacklisting and making some local functions only work if registered, or only work remotely on web account (no computer control) is horrible. That's why I didn't buy a Scribe and gave away my Oasis 2. I still have DXG, K3 and PW3, but I will never buy another Kindle unless they change to make it fully functional without an account or the Internet. It's an ereader (with notes if a Scribe), it's worse than Apple's walled garden that the EU is pulling down.

So you can sideload ebooks, no collections without a jailbreak. PDF annotation seems to need conversion to KFX print replica.

Well, it was free?
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote