Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old Yesterday, 08:31 AM   #16
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
It's not possible for a dialog to be able to be automatically positioned so as not to cover a specific word in a dialog underneath.

Last edited by DiapDealer; Yesterday at 09:48 AM.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:26 AM   #17
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15/11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shohreh View Post
Suggestion for the Spellcheck dialog: If need be, display it so that the user doesn't have to move it to see the word underneath
Once the dialog is open you can move it over to the side/other monitor/etc so it isn't covering the CV window... then you can double click on any word in the list without having the dialog cover any.
Turtle91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:10 AM   #18
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
And you can shrink the size of the Dialog.

Last edited by KevinH; Yesterday at 12:26 PM.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:13 PM   #19
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Suggestion for the Spellcheck dialog: If need be, display it so that the user doesn't have to move it to see the word underneath
We have no clue on what size monitor or window size or where the word is in the line, making dialog placement probably wrong anyway.
BTW the dialog is also resizable.
I have mine on my second monitor, (Sigil remembers where it was from a previous session) so it never overlays.
You might find an ancient 1024x768 LCD at a thrift store for very little $ if you want another display. There are USB video cards (modules) if you don't have an extra video port. For Sigil, you do not need FAST.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:00 PM   #20
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
I interpret the earlier reply from Kevin as something that would address this issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
I will add a keyboard only way to make the Spellcheck Dialog show context for the currently selected word to my to-do list for a future Sigil release as that would help keyboard centric users and those with Accessibility issues with a mouse.
So something like this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	misspell context.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	210697

Afterthought: make the Spellcheck Dialogue window dockable, e.g. in the same dock as most have Preview.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; Yesterday at 08:06 PM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:26 PM   #21
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No, I was suggesting a keysequence that would do the same as a double-click does. That is all. The actual context depends on word list order as the word double-clicked on is searched for its first occurrence in CV.

So far I do not think any change is needed in the SpellCheck Dialog. And making yet another QDockWidget is not in the cards. The QDockWidget interface in the MainWindow is overly cluttered now in my opinion.

Last edited by KevinH; Yesterday at 08:30 PM.
Old Yesterday, 08:48 PM   #22
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
No, I was suggesting a keysequence that would do the same as a double-click does. That is all. The actual context depends on word list order as the word double-clicked on is searched for its first
I don't doubleclick unless I have to, but what would the new keysequence do that F3 doesn't already do?

BR
Old Yesterday, 10:40 PM   #23
KevinH
Sigil Developer

F3 does nothing as far as I can tell, at least on my mac. I have to doubleclick on a word in the wordlist in Spellcheck to get CV to find the word and show its context.

From the SpellCheck Dialog code:
Code:
  connect(ui.SpellcheckEditorTree, SIGNAL(doubleClicked(const QModelIndex &)),
            this,         SLOT(FindSelectedWord())

I was going to add a key sequence to do the same thing but if one already exists, that works to.

But according to the code the only only place to get that is from the popup context menu but that requires a right mouse click as well.

Are you sure we are talking about the same thing?

Last edited by KevinH; Yesterday at 10:53 PM.
Old Yesterday, 11:43 PM   #24
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
F3 does nothing as far as I can tell, at least on my mac. I have to doubleclick on a word in the wordlist in Spellcheck to get CV to find the word and show its context.

From the SpellCheck Dialog code:
Code:
  connect(ui.SpellcheckEditorTree, SIGNAL(doubleClicked(const QModelIndex &)),
            this,         SLOT(FindSelectedWord())

I was going to add a key sequence to do the same thing but if one already exists, that works to.

But according to the code the only only place to get that is from the popup context menu but that requires a right mouse click as well.

Are you sure we are talking about the same thing?
Sure as I can be

I have installed 2.3.1 and I've restored the default settings.

F3 appears to be hard coded into the spell checker (along with F1 and F2)

Name:	Screenshot 2024-09-09 130717.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	75.9 KB
ID:	210709

Note the lack of a key sequence for Select all - however Ctrl+A does work, as does Ctrl+C.

Here are the default short cuts I see, where F3 is Go to link or style.

Name:	Screenshot 2024-09-09 132507.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	268.8 KB
ID:	210710

Added: If it's of any interest the calibre editor spellchecker uses the Enter key to cycle through the occurrences of a misspelt word - seems quite effective.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; Today at 12:03 AM.
Old Today, 08:06 AM   #25
KevinH
Sigil Developer

Huh? That is only available in the right click context pop-up menu. To use it you should have to have the pop-up menu open. If it works for you without a pop-up menu open first it really should not. It should be creating that context menu on the fly when a right click is done and tearing it down afterwards. Any connections of actions/signals to slots should happen only when built on the fly and then torn down when the context menu is closed.

Last edited by KevinH; Today at 08:18 AM.
Old Today, 09:04 AM   #26
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Note the lack of a key sequence for Select all - however Ctrl+A does work, as does Ctrl+C.
Ctrl+A is the default Windows "Select All" shortcut (and Ctrl+C will always be Copy). Sigil's shortcuts rarely succeed in overriding (or eliminating) those.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:51 AM   #27
KevinH
Sigil Developer

Okay, my bad. I tested using my laptop which has the damn active key area instead of real function keys. Hitting "F3" did nothing without me finding and hitting the "fn" key as well in the bottom left hand corner.

Yes repeated use of F3 (or double-clicking) will in fact show you a sequence of matches all in a row if the same misspelled word is used multiple times in a document.

So I guess there is nothing to do here at all - other than maybe document that the context menu is only built once here and is not dynamic- - which means those shortcuts are always active.