Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old Yesterday, 10:27 PM   #1
anonimiser
anonimiser began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Nova Air
help me - Nova Boox Onyx battery problems

Hi, I have a weird battery problem with my device. The battery works normally when I am using it but when I power it off and left it that way for several hours it drops to 0. Like it was turned on the whole time.

First 2 times I thought that it was an accident or maybe something about a magnetic cover but it happened again when I left it completely alone.

I bought it back in 2022, it was working fine ever since. Even when I am using it the battery drains normally.

It's so annoying, should I replace a battery or is it some software glitch?
anonimiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:22 AM   #2
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
It's hard to say. Battery state of charge statistic can be kind of flakey. Under the same load (on and idle) and temperature the battery voltage should be enough to tell you how it's doing.

How to tell if your device is really sleeping and doesn't have a wake lock can be tricky. The best way is if you have a direct external measurement of the battery current. If the battery connector is a nice big 2-4 pin connector that's easy. If it's a teensy-tiny "mezzanine" connector it's difficult.
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:48 PM   #3
anonimiser

I have experimented with freezing apps and closing everything before stand by and for now it seems to work, the battery has drained only 1% in 6 hours.

If that's it then it's possible that some app or faulty book was preventing normal stand by and power off but still it's too early to tell, after few days I will know for sure.
Old Today, 03:07 PM   #4
anonimiser

It was just a fluke, once again it has drained, 11 % in 3 hours.