Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-25-2024, 08:54 PM   #601
bizzybody
Addict
bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various PalmOS PDAs, Android Phones, Sharper Image Literati
I got the alpha release of DeDRM, updated Calibre and plugins. Installed the latest K4PC and re-downloaded my whole library.

Calibre didn't complain about any of them. Very nice. I can stop using the very slow old tablet to download books for backing up from then running through Calibre.
bizzybody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:36 PM   #602
yonvolt
yonvolt began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizzybody View Post
I got the alpha release of DeDRM, updated Calibre and plugins. Installed the latest K4PC and re-downloaded my whole library.

Calibre didn't complain about any of them. Very nice. I can stop using the very slow old tablet to download books for backing up from then running through Calibre.
Did you have any extra steps you did to be able to read your books? I've installed DeDRM 10.0.9 and KFX Import and while Calibre can add the book to the library and pull its metadata, it can't open it or convert it to a PDF and the error calls out that it's because of the DRM on the file.

I've followed the steps that lkmiller and David outlined as close as I could, my only real concern on that front is that I for sure downloaded the 10.0.9 release candidate for DeDRM but Calibre lists the version number as 10.0.3 when I install it.

This method was what I came to after the one OP described with Bluestacks Nougat stalled because the backup step wasn't displaying a confirmation in the emulator--a few people ran into that and no one really provided a fix, I couldn't even find one elsewhere on the web.
yonvolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:03 PM   #603
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by yonvolt View Post
Did you have any extra steps you did to be able to read your books? I've installed DeDRM 10.0.9 and KFX Import and while Calibre can add the book to the library and pull its metadata, it can't open it or convert it to a PDF and the error calls out that it's because of the DRM on the file.

I've followed the steps that lkmiller and David outlined as close as I could, my only real concern on that front is that I for sure downloaded the 10.0.9 release candidate for DeDRM but Calibre lists the version number as 10.0.3 when I install it.

This method was what I came to after the one OP described with Bluestacks Nougat stalled because the backup step wasn't displaying a confirmation in the emulator--a few people ran into that and no one really provided a fix, I couldn't even find one elsewhere on the web.
10.0.3 won't remove the DRM. And the latest Kindle for PC (2.4.1) no longer works either - you need the version 2.4.0.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:36 AM   #604
lkmiller
Laura
lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Elipsa, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus, Kindle Oasis 2
If it is still showing 10.0.3, then you reinstalled 10.0.3. Make sure you are navigating to the 10.0.9 folder when loading into calibre. Then restart calibre. And as Sirtel said, it will need to be no later then Kindle for PC 2.4.0.

The old Android app method may be done anyway. The last time I tried to download with 4.16.0.75, it said something about that version not being supported. It wasn't the ebook either because I was able to download it for an E-ink Kindle, and I got an AZW3 which decrypted without issue.
lkmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:01 AM   #605
yonvolt
yonvolt began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thank you both; looks like I missed both that a new revision of K4P dropped since then, and the step to restart Calibre when removing 10.0.3 before adding 10.0.9 (I know it literally tells me to, I was rushing and frustrated...)

I've got everything working now, glad this is way easier now than all the other stuff that people had said to do before I found this last little set of developments!
yonvolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:18 AM   #606
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkmiller View Post
If it is still showing 10.0.3, then you reinstalled 10.0.3. Make sure you are navigating to the 10.0.9 folder when loading into calibre. Then restart calibre. And as Sirtel said, it will need to be no later then Kindle for PC 2.4.0.

The old Android app method may be done anyway. The last time I tried to download with 4.16.0.75, it said something about that version not being supported. It wasn't the ebook either because I was able to download it for an E-ink Kindle, and I got an AZW3 which decrypted without issue.
Do not install 10.0.9. Install the latest version which is the auto-generated alpha release. at https://github.com/noDRM/DeDRM_tools...947bf338d3ffda
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:18 AM   #607
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonvolt View Post
Thank you both; looks like I missed both that a new revision of K4P dropped since then, and the step to restart Calibre when removing 10.0.3 before adding 10.0.9 (I know it literally tells me to, I was rushing and frustrated...)

I've got everything working now, glad this is way easier now than all the other stuff that people had said to do before I found this last little set of developments!
If your KindleforPC is 3.4.1, you'll need to roll back to 2.4.0 or you won't be able to remove DRM.
Old Today, 11:26 AM   #608
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura1, Nexus7.2, Galaxy Tab A 8.4, Ipad Air & Mini 6
My Windows Kindle app (on Mac using parallels) just updated to 2.4.1 even though I had the install updates automatically turned off. What's going on and how do I stop it?
peaceridge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:01 PM   #609
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceridge View Post
My Windows Kindle app (on Mac using parallels) just updated to 2.4.1 even though I had the install updates automatically turned off. What's going on and how do I stop it?
  1. Install 2.4.0 over 2.4.1.
  2. Go to this post and download the bat file for Windows https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...71#post4444671
  3. Run the bat run for Windows

Done!
Old Today, 01:38 PM   #610
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkmiller View Post
You could try installing 8.51.1.0 (1.3.272119.0) over 4.16.0.75. See the quote from @DuckieTigger in the first post in this thread for more information. The APK is still available from APKMirror

Last edited by DNSB; Today at 01:46 PM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Today, 03:35 PM   #611
Ma'am-I-Am
Preferred pronouns: We/Us
Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2
Yeah, my Kindle for PC updated, too and I no longer have a copy of 2.4.0.
Will someone post a link, please?
Ma'am-I-Am is online now   Reply With Quote