Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old Yesterday, 06:09 PM   #8491
maddz
Wizard
maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Icarus, iPad Mini 2, Kobo Touch, Google Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactus Chef View Post
Huh. I enjoyed the original trilogy when I read it a few months ago (well, 2/3 of the original trilogy...the first book was such a blatant LOTR ripoff that I found more enjoyment out of pointing out the analogues than the actual narrative), but I don't know if I want spin-offs and George Lucas-esque prequels?
This bundle isn't available in the UK. However, I read at least the first 2 or 3 but they got disposed of years ago and I have no desire to replace them...
maddz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:27 PM   #8492
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
The only Brooks books I read were the first few Magic Kingdom for Sale: Sold! I enjoyed those. Never felt like branching out though.
I enjoyed those far more than Shanara. Gave up on Shannara and related titles after too many...
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:50 PM   #8493
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
The only Brooks books I read were the first few Magic Kingdom for Sale: Sold! I enjoyed those. Never felt like branching out though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
I enjoyed those far more than Shanara. Gave up on Shannara and related titles after too many...
I was never interested in Shanara either. I too enjoyed the first three Magic Kingdom for Sale: Sold.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:30 PM   #8494
batpuppy
Connoisseur
batpuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.batpuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.batpuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.batpuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.batpuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.batpuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.batpuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.batpuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.batpuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.batpuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.batpuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 , Samsung TabA 8.0, Kindle fire 7.0
I looked at the The Sword of Shannara bundle.
One thing I noticed is that it contains some books like the Heritage of Shannara which contains 4 books and then later the bundle contains these same 4 books as singles. So 5 of the books are sort of the same.
This is really not that good of a deal because of stuff like this even if you are a fan.
batpuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:01 AM   #8495
salty-horse
Wizard
salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E
Alien Emergencies, the second Sector General Omnibus by James White is $3 on Amazon.com

Deep Roots (The Innsmouth Legacy #2) by Ruthanna Emrys is £3 on Amazon UK

Last edited by salty-horse; Today at 04:17 AM.
salty-horse is offline   Reply With Quote