Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 10-03-2024, 05:17 PM   #16
Aleron Ives
Wizard
Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
You might try the Boox Go 10.3. It doesn't have a frontlight, which means there's one less layer between you and the content. It also means the screen can reflect light more easily, which improves the contrast.
Aleron Ives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2024, 07:37 PM   #17
Fritomaster
Enthusiast
Fritomaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fritomaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fritomaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fritomaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fritomaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fritomaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fritomaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fritomaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fritomaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fritomaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fritomaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: RMPP, Inkpad Color 3, Bigme Hibreak, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post
You might try the Boox Go 10.3. It doesn't have a frontlight, which means there's one less layer between you and the content. It also means the screen can reflect light more easily, which improves the contrast.
I've been researching it. I'm slightly worried about no backlight but I could attach one, I just don't want to have to use it during the day.

I've also been unable to find any good comparisons on the contrast. Just that it's good.
Fritomaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2024, 10:53 PM   #18
Aleron Ives
Wizard
Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Voja's review is probably the most thorough you can get:

Aleron Ives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2024, 09:17 AM   #19
Mr Avid
Enthusiast
Mr Avid began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Oasis 3, PocketBook Era
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritomaster View Post
I've been researching it. I'm slightly worried about no backlight but I could attach one, I just don't want to have to use it during the day.
I suppose it depends on your eyes and typical lighting conditions but I don't think I could easily use an e-reader without a front light at this point. I had an e-reader back before there were front lights and using a clip-on light was a hassle.

I think the only situation I would be OK without a light is outdoors reading.
Mr Avid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2024, 10:23 AM   #20
Fritomaster
Enthusiast
Fritomaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fritomaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fritomaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fritomaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fritomaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fritomaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fritomaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fritomaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fritomaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fritomaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fritomaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: RMPP, Inkpad Color 3, Bigme Hibreak, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Avid View Post
I suppose it depends on your eyes and typical lighting conditions but I don't think I could easily use an e-reader without a front light at this point. I had an e-reader back before there were front lights and using a clip-on light was a hassle.

I think the only situation I would be OK without a light is outdoors reading.

Yeah it depends, people have vastly different lighting. My bedroom is too dark to read, but my living with a high wattage led light is bright enough to use kaleido 3 without a backlight.

My really issue is I can use my remarkable paper pro indoors without backlight which is awesome for color, but it's too unwieldy and it's expensive for only using for graphic novels/manga. I for sure want another gallery device though, I just can't decide if I should return this and use a b&w until another drops or keep it.

I just don't want to go back to a 8inch b&w and I was hoping I'd find a newer 10 inch with some kind of upgrade from my last one.
Fritomaster is offline   Reply With Quote