Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old Yesterday, 09:30 AM   #3091
andyh2000
Avid reader
andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 / Kindle Paperwhite / TCL Nxtpaper 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
You're a cozy mystery protagonist. A few days ago, another car deliberately tried to run yours off the road. While going to talk to another character about an unrelated matter, you find their car outside, which has damage consistent with an attempt to run someone off the road.

Would you:

a) Decide not to mention it to them and instead call the police officer who is investigating the accident?

or

b) Go inside their house, confront them about it, and get stabbed in the process?
If people behaved sensibly in stories they (the stories) would be an awful lot shorter and less interesting. You're in a creepy old house and hear noises from the cellar. Of course you're going to split up and get picked off one by one.

Andrew
andyh2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:00 PM   #3092
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuskyRose View Post
While not a sane choice for most people, I swear that if they're an 'influencer' or post a lot on social media, this would probably be their first choice.
I remember the story of the girls who got lost in storm drains and went to Facebook pleading for help, forgetting that their phones were, you know, phones.

Quote:
I swear some people don't think beyond "I feel like doing this NOW, so I will ..."
My thirteen year old: immature? Or a citizen of the future?
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:19 PM   #3093
DuskyRose
Guru
DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air3, Palma, K-Scribe, Eclipsa 2e, & Libra 2, Ipads
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post

My thirteen year old: immature? Or a citizen of the future?
I remember those years. Ugh. I'm so glad my two are full grown now. Any of idiocy they get up to is on them, not me.

My daughter has two, one first and one third grade. It's going to be Karma if they put her through what she put us through. Lol.
DuskyRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:39 PM   #3094
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuskyRose View Post
My daughter has two, one first and one third grade. It's going to be Karma if they put her through what she put us through. Lol.
As my mother used to put it "Grandchildren: a grandparent's revenge".
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote