Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 07-13-2024, 11:17 PM   #9736
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaviCalderon View Post
TLDR; how the hell do you get "Rating" (stars 1-5) to show up on a custom title page? i have no idea what to put in personal.ini to make this work and i can't find anything about it online. i'm sure i'm missing something easy, i just have no idea where else to look!!
Towards the bottom of the FFF config's personal.ini tab, there's a section for 'Calibre Columns'. Make sure you have 'Pass Calibre Columns into FanFicFare on Update/Overwrite' checkbox checked.

Now you can add calibre_std_rating to titlepage_entries. Note that it shows up as a 1-5 number. You can change that to some form of star using replace_metadata if you like.

There's a button that will show you the entry names for all of your Calibre columns.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:09 PM   #9737
TaviCalderon
TaviCalderon began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Scribe
oh my god thank you!! i did have that box checked but had never actually clicked on show calibre column names, lol. I see they're all listed in there now, including the default rating. knew i was missing something simple!

i also have this thing i can't seem to get working that is probably another simple issue: some of the labels i'm trying to make aren't labelling? they just get labelled whatever it was gonna be based on the prefix that was already placed in there.

i got "category" to be called "Fandom" on my titlepages just fine, and now rating_label = Rated while calibre_std_rating = Rating which is perfect (thank you!!). but freeformtags, chapterslashtotal, ao3categories, and bookmarktags are all not changing on my titlepages to the label i put after the : below (i hope i hid the personal.ini correctly, never done this before).

Spoiler:

## Title Page Stuff
extra_valid_entries: freeformtags, chapterslashtotal, ao3categories, comments, kudos, hits, bookmarks, collections, bookmarktags
category_label:Fandom
freeformtags_label:Additional Tags
chapterslashtotal_label:Chapters
ao3categories_label:Genres
comments_label:Comments
kudos_label:Kudos
hits_label:Hits
collections_label:Collections
bookmarks_label:Bookmarks
bookmarktags_label:Primary Pair
rating_label:Rated
titlepage_entries:series,category,ships,characters ,<br />,calibre_std_rating,status,rating,warnings,ao3cat egories,<br />
extra_titlepage_entries:chapterslashtotal,numWords ,bookmarks,kudos,comments,hits,datePublished,dateU pdated,bookmarktags,collections,<br />,freeformtags,<br />,description

keep_in_order_ships:true
keep_in_order_category:true
keep_in_order_characters:true
keep_in_order_genre:true
keep_in_order_ao3categories:true
keep_in_order_freeformtags:true

for example i put ao3categories_label:Genres but on my actual title pages ao3categories is called AO3 Categories, every time.

are these pink labels not actually cusotmizable labels because they're extra_valid_entires? am i missing a step somewhere? i've been haunting your plugin-defaults.ini page to try and figure things out on my own since i have no idea what i'm doing (sorry), but all i can find on this is line #42 that explicitly says "## Labels may be customized." so i must not be writing something correctly?? does this also have something to do with the calibre column names list because stuff matches up to ao3 things weirdly? any guidance is appreciated!
TaviCalderon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:02 PM   #9738
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
i got "category" to be called "Fandom" on my titlepages just fine, and now rating_label = Rated while calibre_std_rating = Rating which is perfect (thank you!!). but freeformtags, chapterslashtotal, ao3categories, and bookmarktags are all not changing on my titlepages to the label i put after the : below (i hope i hid the personal.ini correctly, never done this before).
Using spoiler tags is good, thanks for that. Using [code] tags (# mark button in the full post editor, not shown in quick-reply box) inside the [spoiler] tags will also preserve formatting. Like so:

Spoiler:
Code:
[archiveofourown.org]

## ...
extra_valid_entries:fandoms, freeformtags, freefromtags,
 ao3categories, comments, chapterslashtotal, chapterstotal, kudos,
 hits, bookmarks, collections, byline, bookmarked, bookmarktags,
 bookmarksummary, bookmarkprivate, bookmarkrec, subscribed,
 markedforlater, restricted, series00, series01, series02, series03,
 series00Url, series01Url, series02Url, series03Url, series00HTML,
 series01HTML, series02HTML, series03HTML
fandoms_label:Fandoms
freeformtags_label:Freeform Tags
freefromtags_label:Freeform Tags
ao3categories_label:AO3 Categories
comments_label:Comments
chapterslashtotal_label:Chapters/Total Chapters
chapterstotal_label:Total Chapters
kudos_label:Kudos
hits_label:Hits
collections_label:Collections
## Count of bookmarks on story by all users
bookmarks_label:Bookmarks
## Tags & Summary from *your* bookmark on the story.  Only collected
## if always_login:true
bookmarked_label:I Bookmarked Story
bookmarktags_label:My Bookmark Tags
bookmarksummary_label:My Bookmark Summary
bookmarkprivate_label:My Bookmark Private
bookmarkrec_label:My Bookmark Rec
markedforlater_label:I Marked for Later
subscribed_label:I Subscribed
restricted_label:Restricted to Registered Users
series00HTML_label:Series
series01HTML_label:Additional Series
series02HTML_label:Additional Series
series03HTML_label:Additional Series

Which is relevant to what your issue, I think.

Quote:
for example i put ao3categories_label:Genres but on my actual title pages ao3categories is called AO3 Categories, every time.
I suspect you put your _label lines under [defaults] in personal.ini, which has less precedence than than the same _label line under [archiveofourown.org] in defaults.ini. See the INI wiki for full precedence details.

Try putting them under [archiveofourown.org] in personal.ini instead.

Quote:
are these pink labels not actually cusotmizable labels because they're extra_valid_entires?
Correct.

Live parsing extra_valid_entries for color highlighting is beyond my ambitions. So while the _labels form is recognized, it's highlighted magenta (instead of blue) to indicate it maybe correct, but isn't certain.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fanfiction