Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-24-2024, 09:52 AM   #1
Squib803
Squib803 began at the beginning.

Device: PW4
Is there ANY way to change the time, page, and location font size?

I like that it's easy to change the font size on my PW4, that's great, especially super late at night with tired eyes

But there doesn't seem to be any way to change the time, page, progress fonts, which drives me nuts. 'how many percent left'?

I am on firmware 5.13.4, jailbroken, mostly because it annoyed me it was in jail in the first place.

I would be MOST happy if these fonts would scale with the rest of the fonts, but just permanently a little bigger or a couple sizes they could adjust to would be ok too.

Thanks for any help!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20240624_103722229.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	727.2 KB
ID:	209124  
Squib803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2024, 12:56 PM   #2
BionicGecko
Addict
BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, Oasis, Scribe, Libra Colour
You can slightly increase the size of those labels by setting the Display Size to “Large” in the Accessibility settings. It will make the rest of the interface text larger as well. The effect on those particular elements is admittedly modest; It is unfortunately not possible to further fine tune the size.
BionicGecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2024, 07:00 PM   #3
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BionicGecko View Post
You can slightly increase the size of those labels by setting the Display Size to “Large” in the Accessibility settings. It will make the rest of the interface text larger as well. The effect on those particular elements is admittedly modest; It is unfortunately not possible to further fine tune the size.
That's not a feature PW4 has. I think it is only for Kindle Scribe.

I would just keep a magnifying glass handy.

Last edited by tomsem; 06-26-2024 at 07:13 PM.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:21 PM   #4
BionicGecko
Addict
BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, Oasis, Scribe, Libra Colour
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
I have it on my Oasis, but not on my Voyage. Perhaps it was added in a firmware release after 5.13.6 (the last one ever released for the Voyage), in which case it should also be available on the PW4 as well; or perhaps they only released the feature for the bigger screens.
BionicGecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:56 PM   #5
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
A Paperwhite 10th gen. with firmware 5.16.9 shows Voiceview screen reader and Appearance under Accessibility.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:26 PM   #6
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post

I would just keep a magnifying glass handy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BionicGecko View Post
I have it on my Oasis, but not on my Voyage. Perhaps it was added in a firmware release after 5.13.6 (the last one ever released for the Voyage), in which case it should also be available on the PW4 as well; or perhaps they only released the feature for the bigger screens.
My Oases 2 (5.9.x) and 3 (5.12.x) have had it since new in box. I suspect amazon decided it could be accommodated with 7" display and up. So it would be my guess that the PW5 has it, which might be what DNSB said.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:04 PM   #7
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
The PW5 (11th gen) does not have a setting to make the UI larger. The Appearance setting under Accessibility only controls light or dark mode.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote